Allocated seating from Feb 2014

Go down

Allocated seating from Feb 2014 Empty Allocated seating from Feb 2014

Post by HollandRyanair on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 9:34

Allocated Seating
Ryanair is pleased to announce in today’s results that it will from 1 Feb 2014 move to fully allocated seating on all Ryanair flights, making the boarding process smoother, and enabling families or other groups to ensure that they sit together. Passengers will still be able to choose our popular reserved seating service (select front row or over-wing seats), or alternatively select seats elsewhere on the aircraft, as long as they check-in more than 24 hours prior to the date of departure. All passengers who don’t wish to pay a small fee (€5) to select their preferred seats will be allocated seats during the 24 hours prior to the date of scheduled departure. This return to allocated seating is Ryanair’s response to the enormous demand from our customers in recent weeks via Ryanair’s “Tell MOL” customer feedback initiative. Ryanair’s decision to launch fully allocated seating is also part of the airline’s commitment to listen to its customers, and improve its industry leading customer service which comprises Europe’s lowest air fares, most on-time flights, fewest lost bags, and fewest customer complaints.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Allocated seating from Feb 2014 Empty Re: Allocated seating from Feb 2014

Post by atoutprix on Mon 4 Nov 2013 - 12:17

I am not sure that this is an improvement for us !
You can thus have the seats of your choice only by paying 5 euros per flight.
Whilst, at present, you can often get the seat you want by just being smart enough to stand at the head of the "other queue".
If you don't pay the fee, you'll be allocated a seat, more often than not, a C or D, or worse, a B or E - no fun !
(easyJet already applies this system).
It means that to be sure and have window seats, for instance, you'll have to pay 10 euros more than before ...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 11:16

Agree not a good move, an extra €10 return for a seat, in most cases that is what I pay for a flight.. Mad , if the majority of passenger's do not pay the  fee this will mean Ryanair will place 2,3 or more passengers in different parts of the aircraft, this will not make for a calmer flight or make the flight depart faster, what in my opinion will happen is the majority of passengers will be sapping seats with each other in the hope a party will be nearer each other... chaos in advance...  the only change will mean the priority queue  will acquire a few extra people.
Reserved seating to some passenger's means- ok I do not need to queue when others do.. I will board at my own leisure( which in most cases can cause slower boarding).. but doing this will mean the overhead lockers will be full of other passenger baggage and this will/can cause a problem.. I flew from Gerona last night , absolute chaos regarding the very same.

Keep it the way it is...

Allocated seating from Feb 2014 Pbucket
Aeronautics was neither an industry nor a science. It was a miracle
 Ryanair Ontime-All The Time- Now Boarding Go To Gate  
https://www.facebook.com/TheDeadXiii
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 11:51

atoutprix wrote:I am not sure that this is an improvement for us !
You can thus have the seats of your choice only by paying 5 euros per flight.
Whilst, at present, you can often get the seat you want by just being smart enough to stand at the head of the "other queue".
If you don't pay the fee, you'll be allocated a seat, more often than not, a C or D, or worse, a B or E - no fun !
(easyJet already applies this system).
It means that to be sure and have window seats, for instance, you'll have to pay 10 euros more than before ...
Definitely not an improvement for us! The last and only time I wasn't able to get a window seat, was my first Ryanair flight Weeze-Valencia, when I didn't know the queue was for our flight. Pretty sure I'll have a window seat on my flight to Palma tomorrow as well. From february all window seats will be reserved first, which means I have to reserve as well in order to get a window seat. I will consider it though for 5 euros
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 5 Nov 2013 - 15:02

It is a crafty way of forcing the once called priority boarding on us, if I pre booked my seat I would want my luggage space above my head reserved too... fair,(or am I asking too much bounce )... However it is sure to be a money maker for Ryanair ..but prices will rise, unfortunately this may deter or lower the number of flights regular customers once made. Low fares made Ryanair, small increases may break Ryanair(Do the change for free and beat the rivals) send you views here >>    http://www.ryanair.com/en/about/customer-suggestions

KEEP THE OLD SYSYEM- WHY FIX SOMETHING THAT WAS NEVER BROKEN

Why 5€ Why not €1... Why not free.. bettering other carriers.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Thu 7 Nov 2013 - 15:20

A question :if you have booked a party of two or more, will you be allocated adjoining seats - or seats at random, anywhere ?
In that case, you'd be forced to buy reserved seats in order to be together in the plane ...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by danieln on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 10:41

One more question: does it mean that passengers who do not pay for allocated seating have only 24 hours time to check in online? And, the other way around, that people who do pay for an allocated seat cannot check in anymore 24 hours before departure?
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:44

danieln wrote:One more question: does it mean that passengers who do not pay for allocated seating have only 24 hours time to check in online? And, the other way around, that people who do pay for an allocated seat cannot check in anymore 24 hours before departure?
The Confusion has started already lol.... MOL Leave it has it was... bounce  I cannot find the link regarding the new seating procedure on the official site.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 12:46

HollandRyanair wrote:Allocated Seating
Ryanair is pleased to announce in today’s results that it will from 1 Feb 2014 move to fully allocated seating on all Ryanair flights, making the boarding process smoother, and enabling families or other groups to ensure that they sit together. Passengers will still be able to choose our popular reserved seating service (select front row or over-wing seats), or alternatively select seats elsewhere on the aircraft, as long as they check-in more than 24 hours prior to the date of departure. All passengers who don’t wish to pay a small fee (€5) to select their preferred seats will be allocated seats during the 24 hours prior to the date of scheduled departure. This return to allocated seating is Ryanair’s response to the enormous demand from our customers in recent weeks via Ryanair’s “Tell MOL” customer feedback initiative. Ryanair’s decision to launch fully allocated seating is also part of the airline’s commitment to listen to its customers, and improve its industry leading customer service which comprises Europe’s lowest air fares, most on-time flights, fewest lost bags, and fewest customer complaints.

Hi, is this info listed on the official RYR site? I cannot locate it.

Thanks In Advance

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 16:56

Ryanairflyer wrote:
HollandRyanair wrote:Allocated Seating
Hi, is this info listed on the official RYR site? I cannot locate it.

Thanks In Advance
Hi mate,

I found it in the official H1 2013 results document by Ryanair. You can find it here:
http://www.ryanair.com/doc/investor/2014/q2_2014_result_doc.pdf

Greetings from Mallorca after another great FR EIN-PMI flight Wink 
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Fri 8 Nov 2013 - 22:08

Cool thanks for the link... wish I was in Mallorca (few cold beers on the magaluf strip) instead of rainy cold Manchester bounce Have a good Holiday  Cool

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y on Fri 29 Nov 2013 - 7:49

During your discussion about allocated seatings, i'm stayed in Iceland.
You know very well that Allocated seating from Feb 2014 870117 doesn't touch that place...but my experience can help You to understand what could be happening when this feature will be extended.

So...
I have purchased a couple of flights with "Wow Air" airline (the same idea of Allocated seating from Feb 2014 870117 reviewed by icelanders very "funny" way to flight) and during the reservation i have faced for the very first time with this "allocated seating" option (i flew with two friends of mine); by the way...at the start i believed to go to Iceland with one friend only, then another one has joined our trip (this explication is focal for what's happened after). So i booked a party of three seat in inline, but in two different days; what's wrong? the wrong thing has been paying different rates because of the proximity of the departure date! The first two seats i've paid Eur 6,00 each one, but the third place (booked just one week later) i've paid Eur 7,00. Do you imagine what could be happen if MOL will copy this way to allocate seats?

Now i'll describe what's happened during the boarding...
No "smart" persons i seen at the head of the line (like with Allocated seating from Feb 2014 870117)...but a big confusion during the placing of own handbaggage, because most of the hat boxes were almost completly busy of customers things just in the half of the boarding process! From that time i really seen a "Tetris" game applied to the handbaggage (only missed the "Korobeiniki" music to make this fun!).
It was something strange for my standards and i'm sure this experience wasn't really funny for who got own reserved seat in the airplane with no space over the head for own stuff.
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by sebbivism on Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 11:21

Thank god, FINALLY allocated seats!

I've been waiting for this news for many years. The "Free Seats" was the top 1 reason why to dislike Ryanair, finally they're listening to their customers and apply bookable seats.

Free Seats are horrible, I want to travel with a smile on my face, instead flying with airliners with Free Seats, I'm boarding the aircraft angry and irritated. Finally, I can take it easy arriving to the gate whenever I feel like, no need to make sure I'm among the first passengers in line in order to take a seat in the front of the aircraft.
If only Wizz Air could've move to the same solution.

Regarding booking seats, I think it will be able to book both reserved seat + priority boarding so for those who has booked their seats can also use the priority boarding to secure the overhead locker and place their bags there. I'm sure this will be a good solution moving to allocated seats, because I've requested this!

Allocated seats seems more... professional because that's how it works onboard on a aircraft. Free Seats took plenty of time, first you have to queue at the gate, then you have to queue AGAIN inside the aircraft because people are not thinking of other people behind and take good time to place their bags in overhead locker, changes their mind because they want something in their jacket, and finally taking a seat - No! wait I don't want to sit here, and changes seat row... Allocted seats will probably cut down the time for boarding: "Your seat is THERE, sit down and relax!" Wink

Just want to say, thank you Ryanair for finally listening to customers! I will gladly pay 5€ for reserving my seat and also additional fee for priority boarding! No more queue for me!
sebbivism
sebbivism
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Tue 3 Dec 2013 - 18:10

sebbivism wrote:Thank god, FINALLY allocated seats!

I've been waiting for this news for many years. The "Free Seats" was the top 1 reason why to dislike Ryanair, finally they're listening to their customers and apply bookable seats.

Free Seats are horrible, I want to travel with a smile on my face, instead flying with airliners with Free Seats, I'm boarding the aircraft angry and irritated. Finally, I can take it easy arriving to the gate whenever I feel like, no need to make sure I'm among the first passengers in line in order to take a seat in the front of the aircraft.
If only Wizz Air could've move to the same solution.

Regarding booking seats, I think it will be able to book both reserved seat + priority boarding so for those who has booked their seats can also use the priority boarding to secure the overhead locker and place their bags there. I'm sure this will be a good solution moving to allocated seats, because I've requested this!

Allocated seats seems more... professional because that's how it works onboard on a aircraft. Free Seats took plenty of time, first you have to queue at the gate, then you have to queue AGAIN inside the aircraft because people are not thinking of other people behind and take good time to place their bags in overhead locker, changes their mind because they want something in their jacket, and finally taking a seat - No! wait I don't want to sit here, and changes seat row... Allocted seats will probably cut down the time for boarding: "Your seat is THERE, sit down and relax!" Wink

Just want to say, thank you Ryanair for finally listening to customers! I will gladly pay 5€ for reserving my seat and also additional fee for priority boarding! No more queue for me!
I Hope those that board before you do not take your above luggage space ... I don't think this comes with the seat number..but it should IMO, otherwise it will mean you queuing with the rest just to sit near your carry on bag/s etc.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Sun 19 Jan 2014 - 16:13

http://www.ryanair.com/fr-be/notices/gops/140117-phase_1_-allocated-e-GB

17 Jan – Update - Allocated Seating from 1 Feb 2014

From 1 Feb all seats on flights will be allocated. Customers’ seat numbers will be displayed on all boarding passes.

Customers may select their preferred seat during (a) initial booking, or (b) Manage Booking or (c) Online Check-In, up to 4 hours before the scheduled flight departure time.

The following seats are available for customer selection:

Premium Seats - Rows 1-5 (rapid exit), Rows 16 & 17 (extra leg room) and Rows 32 & 33 (rapid exit). Available from £/€ 10 (including Priority Boarding)

Regular Seats - Rows 6-15 & 18-31 available from £/€5.  These seats can be upgraded to include Priority Boarding for a small supplement of £/€2.

General Allocated Seats - Customers who don’t wish to pay for a Premium or Regular seat can check-in online between 15 days to 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure and will be assigned a randomly allocated seat at zero cost.

Customers who have already selected Priority Boarding on flights departing from 1 Feb onwards, can now select (free of charge) a Regular Seat (including Priority Boarding) when checking-in online.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Mon 20 Jan 2014 - 14:34

Good job Ryanair do not overbook flights and should never bring it back -if they did -I wonder which passengers would miss out(pax with seat numbers or others) would this decision be made at the gate just before boarding as most do not check -in bags?
Oh the good old days- when seats were free and fares were cheaper... now fares have risen and it seems the emphasis is on forcing the hand of the passenger to pay just to sit together, something in the past which made Ryanair competitive to other carriers...
In proportion to the flights I buy, not paying for a return seat number could mean a free flight in the future and only travelling as a couple I feel confident I will find 2 seats together even if it means asking somebody to swap.. or even better no ear ache from the wife during the flight.. haha (priceless)
Maybe future specials are planned.. no seat charges for a certain period.. wow peeps would go mad and book lol. is all fun and mind games.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Thu 30 Jan 2014 - 19:19

I have printed my first boarding cards with the new system : I didn't pay for a reserved seat, and I was allocated seat 20F on both outbound and inbound flights (on 11 February) ...

I wonder if people having booked together (family, friends, ...) will be allocated seats also together. It would seem normal - but on the other hand, it's also a good incitant to make them pay to choose their seats !

( From 20F, you have a good view mainly of the starboard wing )

Allocated seating from Feb 2014 223660P2110014[/URL]

Last edited by atoutprix on Wed 12 Feb 2014 - 12:39; edited 2 times in total
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Mon 3 Feb 2014 - 20:50

In an ideal world if a bookings made for 2 people or 4 people hopefully if seats are available to accommodate they should keep them together(will make a happier flight). need to hear from passengers who book more than 1 person without reserving seats... I'm grounded until September so many upgraded jobs in the house over the summer  Sad  I need my aviation fix  Laughing who knows by the time I fly .. the system maybe scrapped lol. 

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Fri 14 Feb 2014 - 16:48

If you want to be guaranteed seats together Ryanair recommend that seats are purchased.

Will families be split up if they do not wish to pay for allocated seating?
We will endeavour to seat families together however this will not always be possible. If you want to be guaranteed seats together we recommend that seats are purchased.
If you chose not to select and purchase a seat and have been randomly allocated seats which are not together please contact our call centre so that we may try to assist you.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/will-families-be-split-up-if-they-do-not-wish-to-pay-for-allocated-seating

That says it all ...

Already an horror story :
Ryanair booking separates mum and tot
http://www.u.tv/News/Ryanair-booking-separates-mum-and-tot/de5eeea4-030f-49f7-b6f0-3dfaff31f08e
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer on Sat 15 Feb 2014 - 1:00

Not the best move by the airline.... expect more during the summer.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Sun 2 Mar 2014 - 11:48

Looking outside through the window is a large part of the pleasure when flying, at least if you are interested in aviation.
Last time, I was allocated a C seat, which is not fun; in the future, I think I'll buy a reserved seat in order to be sure and have a window ...

It's the beginning, and at the moment many passengers don't yet understand that they have to sit at a fixed place, and by which door they have to board the plane - although it's written on their embarcation pass.
In Charleroi the other day, the girls at the gate told each pax his/her door - at Manchester, they didn't, and many passengers boarded by the wrong aircraft door, creating a traffic jam in the aisle and considerably slowing the whole process.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Mon 3 Mar 2014 - 11:45

Just found this on
http://www.luchtzak.be/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51768&start=500
posted by someone who is steward on Ryanair (and an instructor, I think) :

When checking in online with FR, the system will automatically alocate all people on the same booking next to each other, even when you don't choose your seats, so free of charge. Only when you check in last last minute and all seats are practically allready allocated then the system might seperate the group (as there are no seats together anymore)
But even then, the cabin crew is instructed to make sure childeren are never separated from their parents, so we would look for volunteers on board the re-sit them so families with childeren are always seated together
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix on Thu 13 Mar 2014 - 17:16

Ryanair has to "balance" the load of the aircraft when allocating the seats.
I am under the impression that they begin by allocating the seats in the middle (just after or before the rows 16 and 17) to the first pax that check-in for that flight. If you like to exit fast after landing, it would thus be better to check-in only a few days before departure.
What is your experience about it ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by frpaxagent on Sun 23 Mar 2014 - 1:28

Hello,

Is it possible to pay for a seat after I checked online? In "manage your booking" site shows me seat map and which seats are free but when I am clicking on icon of a seat nothing happens. I don't know if it is problem with site or you just can't change a seat.
System gave me 18D, but I would rather have window seat
frpaxagent
frpaxagent
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by frpaxagent on Tue 25 Mar 2014 - 22:59

I found it out myself, maybe it will help somebody one day Smile
You can't change your seat on website, but you can change it at ticket desk at departure airport, but it is little bit more expensive than buying seat before/during online check-in.
Regular seat - 9Euro
Premium seat- about 20Euro
frpaxagent
frpaxagent
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content