Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TV adverts

4 posters

Go down

TV adverts Empty TV adverts

Post by atoutprix Wed 9 Apr 2014 - 23:38

Ryanair has unveiled its first TV ad in nearly 25 years - and there's no sign of Michael O'Leary dressed as a leprechaun. But will it convince you to fly with the low-cost carrier?

Viewers will be treated to a trio of subtle 20-second clips that address three of the biggest changes made during the airline's recent reinvention. Namely a relaxing of its historically stingy baggage rules, the introduction of allocated seating, and the overhaul of its irritatingly cumbersome website.

We see a glamorous lady preparing to board a flight with her handbag slung over her shoulder (and not stuffed inside her carry-on suitcase), a smart family unconcerned that they might not be able to sit next to one another (after forking out the £15 required to secure their seats), and a father booking flights online with smug ease (rather than being forced to decline offers of airport parking and mobile phone cards). We have to wait until the end of the ad, and the unveiling of the company's new marketing slogan, before the subject of low fares, traditionally the only weapon in Ryanair's arsenal, is mentioned. Attempts at humour are very gentle; and Mr O'Leary has been kept firmly under lock and key. In true Ryanair style, however, it kept costs down by shooting the three clips in a single day.

Look at them :

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travelvideo/10754299/Ryanair-unveils-TV-advert-will-it-convince-you-to-fly-with-the-airline.html
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

TV adverts Empty Re: TV adverts

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 12 Apr 2014 - 9:22

I saw it yesterday  for the first time in UK - Adverts for RYR -Whatever next bounce  .. times have changed.  Laughing
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by szikor Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 4:37

Ryanairflyer wrote:Whatever next bounce  .. times have changed.  Laughing

That's exactly what I was wondering about.
I mean what really changed is the rock bottom prices. We reached a point where the cheapest possible return tickets are in the region of €40-50. Before it was no question to do a daytrip or fly "just for fun", when the whole thing was 10-20 euros (or 2 cents for that matter Smile ). Now I have to seriously consider whether I want to fly to BRE, EIN or NRN (from STN) for the umpteenth time, or just stay put and save that money for a new destination and/or a "proper" holiday. Imho this could be one of the reasons behind the declining pax figures.

Can I say it? I'd prefer the old Ryanair back, where silly people had to pay €70 if they didn't print their boarding passes, on the other hand we could fly for peanuts. Without tv ads, fancy websites or their newly acquired customer friendliness Very Happy
szikor
szikor
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 13:40

I am exactly of the same opinion.
The return trip which used to cost 10 or 20 euros (sometimes less or even much less) is now priced at 40 euros if you are Lucky, more likely 50 or 60 euros, or even more .
Like you, I now think twice before booking an FR flight !  Sad  Sad 
As you say, the drop in the number of passengers could well be caused by to that increase in prices.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CPH Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 13:49

Ryanair focus is now on passengers not "Cheap Charlies"?
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by szikor Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 14:30

CPH wrote:Ryanair focus is now on passengers not "Cheap Charlies"?

Apparently Smile

But only time will tell, if they can make up for the lost Cheap Charlies in terms of pax numbers and revenue. Because in my opinion those who were flying cheap (and for fun) were not only making loss for the company.
szikor
szikor
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2012-08-16

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 16:46

Ryanair in the past claimed to be "the only European ULCC" (Ultra Low Cost Carrier).
Its motto is now "the favourite low fares airline".
The change says it all ...

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CPH Sun 13 Apr 2014 - 17:10

szikor wrote:

Apparently Smile

But only time will tell, if they can make up for the lost Cheap Charlies in terms of pax numbers and revenue. Because in my opinion those who were flying cheap (and for fun) were not only making loss for the company.

Those ridiculous fares were only meant for a "cheap" way to get head lines in the media!
CPH
CPH
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2012-11-23

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 14 Apr 2014 - 21:20

CPH wrote:
szikor wrote:

Apparently Smile

Those ridiculous fares were only meant for a   "cheap" way to get head lines in the media!

Well the cheap fares got all the media it intended then.. Great Business some would say and many pax flying to places they would never be able too during the process... many gained including myself.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down