Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

flying to and from Riga, Latvia

4 posters

Go down

flying to and from Riga, Latvia Empty flying to and from Riga, Latvia

Post by rigaberlin Fri 21 Aug 2009 - 12:09

Is it possible to book a flight online or do you have to call the booking center? Why I'm asking is because when i try to book a flight online and i choose a day when there is no flight to my destination then it displays this:
Sorry, there are no available flights departing on the Sun, 23 Aug 09This may be because:

1. The flight you have chosen is full
  2. The route selected has not yet commenced operation, please click here to view our new route start
    dates http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/newroutes.php
  3. The travel dates requested are for our next schedule period and the fares/seats are yet not loaded for these dates
  4. There may not be a flight scheduled for this day of the week
  5. Bookings TO and FROM Riga (Latvia) and Kaunas (Lithuania) can only be made within 7 days of departure by calling our reservation centre.
  6. Bookings TO and FROM Berlin Schönefeld can only be made within 3 days of departure can only be booked by calling our reservation centre.
It displays it only when I choose a day on which there are no flight to my destination. So it is really confusing if I should take this seriously or ignore it completely.
So can I book online to and from Riga or what?

Last edited by rigaberlin on Fri 21 Aug 2009 - 12:36; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad urls)
rigaberlin
rigaberlin
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Back to top Go down

flying to and from Riga, Latvia Empty Re: flying to and from Riga, Latvia

Post by stevestrac Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 2:58

Hi,

You've not mentioned where you are trying to fly from to get to Riga. As such, I am unable to check the web-site for you.

However, if you are correct and there is NO flight booked for the route you want to fly on that date in the timetable section of the website, then I wouldn't bother calling, as if there is no flight, there will be no seats available to be sold.

The restrictions are obviously imposed by some authority outside of Ryanair for them to be so specific, (i.e. 7 days for Riga and Kaunus and 3 days for Berlin Schonefeld).

If you KNOW (from the timetable area on the website), that there IS a flight operating on that route on that day, then give them a call.

Check the timetable page FIRST, before calling, to ensure there is a flight operating on that day, otherwise it will be a wasted phone call. But IF there is a flight on Sunday 23 August 09, then as it's within the 7 days requirement, then you will have to call to book the flight.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by bateryan Sat 22 Aug 2009 - 13:57

Another suggestion: tick the box 'my dates are flexible' before searching your flight. Then you can see the available flights around the chosen dates. From this point you can select an existing flight and go on with on-line booking. I tried this with a flight Kaunas-Bremen and it seemed to be working.
bateryan
bateryan
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Wed 2 Sep 2009 - 14:58

This warning about KUN RIX and SXF is all the time since at least 3 years. A friend of mine has booked NYO-RIX-NYO flight yesterday and there was no problem. I will do the same today :-) I also have booked NRN-SXF-HHN flights several weeks ago and also with no problems. The FR site has several bugs and out of date informations. This seems to be one of them :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: