Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion

3 posters

Go down

Suggestion Empty Suggestion

Post by bluefishJD Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 15:43

Hi all - don't know if this is the correct area but here is a suggestion!! - I Have been using ryanair alot recently and living in the West of Ireland am beginning to get fed up of the "Get to Dublin Airport" Journey, tolls for this and that, parking etc etc. I just wonder does ryanair have any plans for expanding there destination routes alongside the expansion of Ireland West Airport Knock in Co. Mayo???

As of the last couple of years i have been going to Poland more, and have to drive to dublin to get a flight and i just wondered has no body at ryanair not done a bit of research and looked at the possibility of increase their profit and flying from knock to polish destinations (or even paris/berlin for that matter) as there is a very large and healthy Polish community living all along the west coast of ireland. With Knock airport being so accessible and such a large community of polish people living over this side of the country would they not consider flights to poland??

Am really thinking out loud and wonder does anybody else have the same thoughts?
bluefishJD
bluefishJD
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty Re: Suggestion

Post by EchoVictorOscar Thu 17 Sep 2009 - 19:39

A base won't be opened in Knock due to frequent poor weather there, and the small population. Although saying that, Leeds-Bradford is one of the latest bases which has the same weather scenario, so you never know.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Suggestion Empty reply to weather

Post by bluefishJD Fri 18 Sep 2009 - 15:26

Yes, I know there is weather problems that may be a con for this extra base but I don't know about the "Small Population" quite a lot of us (of different nationalities) on the West Coast and you would have a catchment area from Donegal (south), Sligo, Mayo, North Galway and maybe some other connacht counties?.

Anywho as i said do agree that weather probably the most problematic issue but hey don't the Russian's have technology that dissipates any bad weather by getting rid of clouds for major events...maybe ryanair could borrow some???Smile
bluefishJD
bluefishJD
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom Fri 18 Sep 2009 - 17:09

You could also fly from Knock to another FR base, ie. Stansted then catch a flight onwards. Flights are cheap enough to stansted from Knock
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down