Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RyanAtlantic

5 posters

Go down

RyanAtlantic Empty RyanAtlantic

Post by RyanairUSA Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 6:22

So....any news yet? Doesn't seem to be taking into the skies......looks like RYR will have to codeshare with USAirways(Global LCC) or Southwest(Global LCC starting not later than 2015) for US flights.
RyanairUSA
RyanairUSA
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

RyanAtlantic Empty Re: RyanAtlantic

Post by amnesia Sat 19 Sep 2009 - 15:57

Well, the takeover of AerLingus might be an opportunity to turn this airline to Trans Atlantic Low Cost. Why? Well, two so-called fighting with each other airlines based in same airport - makes no sense to be on this point permanently. Connection might not be cost-cutting idea as one of them has Boeing-only fleets, other one Airbus-only... What do you think about this idea?
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 21:57

amnesia wrote:Well, the takeover of AerLingus might be an opportunity to turn this airline to Trans Atlantic Low Cost. Why? Well, two so-called fighting with each other airlines based in same airport - makes no sense to be on this point permanently. Connection might not be cost-cutting idea as one of them has Boeing-only fleets, other one Airbus-only... What do you think about this idea?
What Aer Lingus takeover, I think y'all would've realised that it ain't happenin', why would ryanair who are losing money want an airline thats losing money! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-09-22

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 22:49

I've heard some rumour last days that somebody responsible for AerLingus in present situation of loosing money and very low price level on the stock-market (is that correct term? you know what I mean anyway Wink ) was even seriously thinking about agree with takeover, or increasing FR's ownership in Aer Lingus. I think that if FR take this company over it'll get nice profit in only one way - cutting costs. This way Aer Lingus might looks similar like FR, but with better quality of filnal product.
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 23:01

It really won't happen. Stop pretending it will EI and ryanair are different. EI has new management and has 800million in the bank. They'll be around on their own for a long time to come. They're even beating ryanair on most short haul routes now.
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Tue 22 Sep 2009 - 23:14

What Aer Lingus takeover, I think y'all would've realised that it ain't happenin', why would ryanair who are losing money want an airline thats losing money! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!![/quote]

Ryanair aren't actually losing money. Well, in a way they are.... Ryanair Holdings (basically the whole organisation) are, but Ryanair (the airline) aren't. The only reason they are losing money is because of the stake they have in Aer Lingus. Ironic, and my explantion is confusing too Smile

But in the end, if AL don't accept an offer, they WILL go out of business.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 0:00

neilk2304 wrote:What Aer Lingus takeover, I think y'all would've realised that it ain't happenin', why would ryanair who are losing money want an airline thats losing money! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!

Ryanair aren't actually losing money. Well, in a way they are.... Ryanair Holdings (basically the whole organisation) are, but Ryanair (the airline) aren't. The only reason they are losing money is because of the stake they have in Aer Lingus. Ironic, and my explantion is confusing too Smile

But in the end, if AL don't accept an offer, they WILL go out of business.[/quote]It doesn't matter that it's beacuse of the EI share(if you beleive that bull) the fact is MOL wasted money TWICE on a failed attempt to get an airline which he can't get. And they won't go out of business, not whe they're beating FR on most European routes.
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 0:24

Aer Lingus don't beat ANY airline on routes in Europe, let alone the giants of Ryanair.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairUSA Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 5:25

RyanAtlantic Icon_wink

Last edited by N8N1NW on Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 6:40; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : trying to delete post....)
RyanairUSA
RyanairUSA
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairUSA Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 6:36

Thanks for the replies guys. RyanAtlantic Icon_biggrin

Last edited by N8N1NW on Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 6:38; edited 1 time in total
RyanairUSA
RyanairUSA
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairUSA Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 6:37

ryanairlostmybags wrote: What Aer Lingus takeover, I think y'all would've realised that it ain't happenin', why would ryanair who are losing money want an airline thats losing money! IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!
Welcome to the forum Neil. Knew ya would visit from DAC. I thought you won't go against Aer Lingus in any way? RyanAtlantic Icon_lol RyanAtlantic Icon_rolleyes
RyanairUSA
RyanairUSA
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 8:12

neilk2304 wrote:Aer Lingus don't beat ANY airline on routes in Europe, let alone the giants of Ryanair.
Think again. Try London and Paris and
Malaga. To name a few.
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 22:35

Aer Lingus will be gone by December 2010, they are loosing cash faster than they can handle. They are a loss-making airline, with very little potenital. Non-existant long-haul flights and just European flights from Dublin - all of which Ryanair does cheaper. Aer Lingus recently opened a LGW base, but that won't last as the competition with Easyjet is too tough.

As much as it is a shame for all those who work for Aer Lingus - they will unfortuntely go bankrupt.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Wed 23 Sep 2009 - 22:44

ryr-nick-fr wrote:Aer Lingus will be gone by December 2010, they are loosing cash faster than they can handle. They are a loss-making airline, with very little potenital. Non-existant long-haul flights and just European flights from Dublin - all of which Ryanair does cheaper. Aer Lingus recently opened a LGW base, but that won't last as the competition with Easyjet is too tough.

As much as it is a shame for all those who work for Aer Lingus - they will unfortuntely go bankrupt.
you clearly don't know the facts. EI have 5 aircraft in gatwick and are due to put more in. They're beating ruinair and sleazyjet all over the place. Granted Belfast isn't as sucessful but is still working. If you can, do the maths. They have 800 million cash that would mean they'd have to lose 400million a year! Not gonna happen. You all seem also to be forgetting the fact that FR lost more than EI. They pulled planes out of stanstead and Dublin, blaming it on high airport fees. That's like delta pulling out of atlanta! Aer Lingus has so much potential. They're using 330's on Malaga and polish routes- that's how popular they are. People are trying to avoid ryanairs additional fees and poorly trained crews. FR are deperate hence all olearys ad campaigns. People really prefer EI and you should know the facts instead of trying to down a very professional airline on your said adoration website! Get a life- and a job!
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 0:38

ryanairlostmybags wrote:Get a life- and a job!
This part of the sentence is most impressive of all topic. Especially if it's been written by guy who's described itself as a 17yo Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanairUSA Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 1:24

ryanairlostmybags wrote:
ryr-nick-fr wrote:Aer Lingus will be gone by December 2010, they are loosing cash faster than they can handle. They are a loss-making airline, with very little potenital. Non-existant long-haul flights and just European flights from Dublin - all of which Ryanair does cheaper. Aer Lingus recently opened a LGW base, but that won't last as the competition with Easyjet is too tough.

you clearly don't know the facts. EI have 5 aircraft in gatwick and are due to put more in. They're beating ruinair and sleazyjet all over the place. Granted Belfast isn't as sucessful but is still working. If you can, do the maths. They have 800 million cash that would mean they'd have to lose 400million a year! Not gonna happen. You all seem also to be forgetting the fact that FR lost more than EI. They pulled planes out of stanstead and Dublin, blaming it on high airport fees. That's like delta pulling out of atlanta! Aer Lingus has so much potential. They're using 330's on Malaga and polish routes- that's how popular they are. People are trying to avoid ryanairs additional fees and poorly trained crews. FR are deperate hence all olearys ad campaigns. People really prefer EI and you should know the facts instead of trying to down a very professional airline on your said adoration website! Get a life- and a job!
Will a GJ new release Aer Lingus cheer ya up?
RyanairUSA
RyanairUSA
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 8:33

amnesia wrote:
ryanairlostmybags wrote:Get a life- and a job!
This part of the sentence is most impressive of all topic. Especially if it's been written by guy who's described itself as a 17yo Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
So because I'm 17, I don't have an opinion, is that what you're saying? I know more about this than you and yes, I do have a job!
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 8:50

I think you need to recheck that 800 million in cash reserves...

Before you start coming on here all gung-ho trying to defend Aer Lingus; please get the facts right

Aer Lingus are a loss making airline
Aer Lingus are going to make serious job cuts
Aer Lingus have said, they are burning through their €400 cash reserve
Aer Lingus have said if nothing changes, they will not servive in the next 18-24 months.

Please don't tell me to get a life and a job.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 9:22

ryr-nick-fr wrote:I think you need to recheck that 800 million in cash reserves...

Before you start coming on here all gung-ho trying to defend Aer Lingus; please get the facts right

Aer Lingus are a loss making airline
Aer Lingus are going to make serious job cuts
Aer Lingus have said, they are burning through their €400 cash reserve
Aer Lingus have said if nothing changes, they will not servive in the next 18-24 months.

Please don't tell me to get a life and a job.
You are very much mistaken, don't beleieve the figures the papers give you, they also said the pilots are on 300,000. EI have 800 million and yes they will make cuts just like ryanair are doing. The old management made too many mistakes and now they need to be fixed. And yes if they don't do anything they will go, but so will ryanair who are losing over 100m! MOL is in truoble, he IS being beaten by EI on most short haul routes-these words direct from Mr.Coyle! I believe that someone who is on a site worshipping a failed Southwest really oughta' get a life!
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 16:56

I respect your opinion, and I have one final question:

How many passengers in 2008 did Aer Lingus fly?

Because Ryanair flow 60 million... so I personally find it very hard to believe they are beating Ryanair on any route.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by ryanairlostmybags Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 18:08

ryr-nick-fr wrote:I respect your opinion, and I have one final question:

How many passengers in 2008 did Aer Lingus fly?

Because Ryanair flow 60 million... so I personally find it very hard to believe they are beating Ryanair on any route.
EI carried over 10 million pax in 2008. However you must keep in mind that FR have 200 aircraft and EI under 50. London gatwick couldn't be more of a sucess. Families chose EI as they nearly always have checked bags and find it easier with EI. Anyway, I won't bother arguing with you because you clearly have made up your mind that FR is better! Anyway as we all know now. RyanAtlantic will not go ahead and FR will not buy EI!
ryanairlostmybags
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 20:57

I think you have answered the question yourself, even with 50 planes Ryanair flew more passengers than Aer Lingus.

I was on an Aer Lingus LGW-FAO flight in July, and yes everyone had bags. Likewise on the FAO-LGW - everyone had bags.

But I flew back a week later, with Ryanair - STN-FAO and everyone took at least 2 bags. One family of four, took a bag each!!! Coming back was even more. I had only one bag, and there were 3 of us! 15 kilos shared 3 ways isn't much - but it was done!

I don't think £20 extra, now £30 extra is going to make Aer Lingus fare more attractive. I have four more Ryanair flights this year - and each time; Ryanair was the cheapest. Even with the bag charges, and the credit card charge.

RyanAtlantic won't go ahead just yet.
And FR won't buy EI - only as they will go bankrupt.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum