Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Baggage

5 posters

Go down

Baggage Empty Baggage

Post by ryr-nick-fr Thu 24 Sep 2009 - 21:21

Hi,

If you have read my previous posts, you'll probably be able to tell that I am quite annoyed by the recent hike in baggage charges. Now £30 (for a return trip) for only 15 kilos. Whereas Easyjet offers 20 kilos for £16, and Aer Lingus £15 for 20 kilos.

I can completely understand that if passengers are taking checked-in luggage this will cost a considerable amount of money for Ryanair. But... why not remove the weight restriction completely? This would mean I wouldn't need to take a checked-in bag, and I am sure many others would do the same.

I would even say increase the dimensions. Even with a small suitcase which fits the dimensions, there is still plenty of room!

The lockers can take 72 kilos, why not increase this?

If I could take a small holdall, or perhaps a slightly larger suitcase with 15 kilos of clothes, or even more if for a summer or winter trip. I wouldn't need a checked-in bag, which makes the Ryanair fare cheaper for me (which would mean I book it!) and saves Ryanair money!!!

Why don't they do this? As with Easyjet, I dont need a checked in bag!

Best Wishes,
ryr-fr
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Baggage Empty Re: Baggage

Post by EchoVictorOscar Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 0:06

Increasing carry-on dimensions/weight restrictions really wouldn't work. My brother was on a flight to Madrid recently and almost everyone had the 55x40x20 10kg cases and there wasn't enough room in the overhead lockers. The result - people had to put them at their feet and some didn't fit underneath the seat in front (because they were over the allowed dimensions) meaning they had an uncomfortable 2hr flight to MAD.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Mushroom Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 1:36

Another problem I noticed is that people put their coats and jackets in the overhead, if everyone did that there could be 1 less bag that can go in the overhead
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 10:47

Thank you for your replies, so even with one 55x40x20 suitcase per passenger? There isn't enough room Sad

I think if they regulated strictly, one bag that was small, (because it is quite difficult to find a suitcase exactly those dimensions!) and no weight restriction. Only 5% would take a checked in bag.

Shame as Easyjet do it, and the 737 is far better than the A319!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:36

Mushroom wrote:Another problem I noticed is that people put their coats and jackets in the overhead, if everyone did that there could be 1 less bag that can go in the overhead

Yes, people put their coats in the overhead locker - where else ? And with the cold season coming, there will be more and more coats and warm clothes put overhead.
On some flights, the FR crew members urge the pax to put their hand bagage under the seat in front of them if it is at all possible.
On a full plane, if every pax has a 55x40x20 hand baggage, I think that there is not enough room in the overhead lockers...
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 14:45

the only solution is to get onto the plane as soon as possible? - the last few pax to board never seem to be able to find room for their baggage overhead and it soon gets taken off them by FR staff! 'Please take your seats quickly to ensure an ontime departure etc'
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Fri 25 Sep 2009 - 15:03

From my Ryanair flights, usually the last one or two passengers don't have room for their bags. I didn't think about the coats and jumpers etc.

I just think that Ryanair are going completely in the wrong direction over baggage. No weight restriction on cabin baggage = no need for checked in bags = saving Ryanair money!!!

As to go in the summer for 2 weeks, 10 kilos is just not enough. And now with £30 for one bag with only 15 kilos. It is going to bridge the gap with the other airlines.

The baggage allowances needs to be addressed urgently.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum