Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

21 days

+6
j2op
amnesia
jferreira20
ryr-nick-fr
ruinair
atoutprix
10 posters

Go down

21 days Empty 21 days

Post by atoutprix Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 16:04

It has perhaps already been posted here, but if so, I had not seen it : I have just realised that online check-in is now possible 21 days before the flight - in the past, it was 15 days.

Online check-in is available from 21 days up to 4 hours prior to scheduled flight departure. (Once you have checked in online by the 4 hour deadline your boarding pass can be reprinted up to 40 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure)

http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/notices.php?notice=gops&code=090520-Online_check-in-GB
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

21 days Empty Re: 21 days

Post by ruinair Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 22:12

wow - a guy at the AGM in Dublin this week said that 15 days was too short if you went away for a long time ... he asked MOL who was the idiot who decided that it should be 15 days .. MOL said he was the idiot! ... looks like FR acted on the suggestion on Friday?
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 22:43

That's more like it! 15 days was never enough!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 233
Location : London, UK. Nearest Base: STN -- HOME OF LOW FARES!
Registration date : 2009-03-18

Back to top Go down

Post by jferreira20 Sat 26 Sep 2009 - 22:55

great news.
jferreira20
jferreira20
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-08-25

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Sun 27 Sep 2009 - 13:57

Should be one month, just in case. But in other hand, that amount means like a 2 milion+ pax in data base to be served. Which in technically meaning is a problem...
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Sun 27 Sep 2009 - 16:57

I geuss that is why they charge £/€5 for the luxury of checking in...
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 16:27

Easyjet handles 60 days for checking in... It was more than obvious that FR should do something like this!imho
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 17:43

MOL said at the AGM that if it is too many days, too many people will check in too early, then they later decide to change their flights (which they cannot do once they check in) and then they complain that they cannot change the flight which just leads to more hassle for all ...
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 19:05

I disagree, for those who go away for more than 15 days. And in August, I was away for 30. This meant finding somewhere where I can print!

I think passengers should get the choice, Easyjet offer 60 days. There is no reason to not offer this. After all, as long as you are sure you won't change your travel plans - no worries. Even if I was a little unsure, leaving it to the last minute to change it is quite risky.

The cost to do this will probably cost 3 times more than the original ticket, and then if there is a available flight!

I wish Ryanair would put it to at least 31 days, and remove the hand luggage weight restriction!!!
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 21:21

'Ruinair' has given you the reason why Ryanair don't have a longer period for online check-in than 21 days.. It's a very legitimate reason at that so why can't you accept it?

And as I've explained before, they can't remove the hand luggage weight restrictions - First and foremost, it's dangerous enough that there are cases of 10kg in the overhead bins (in the event of them falling, etc.) let alone having 10kg+ up there!! But also, there is simply not enough room on board to cater for everyone to bring 10kg, let alone more than that.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by ryr-nick-fr Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 21:32

I don't recall I didn't accept it, I merely disagreed with M'OL. And suggested what I'd do if I was CEO.
ryr-nick-fr
ryr-nick-fr
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by j2op Tue 29 Sep 2009 - 23:13

neilk2304 wrote:'Ruinair' has given you the reason why Ryanair don't have a longer period for online check-in than 21 days.. It's a very legitimate reason at that so why can't you accept it?

And as I've explained before, they can't remove the hand luggage weight restrictions - First and foremost, it's dangerous enough that there are cases of 10kg in the overhead bins (in the event of them falling, etc.) let alone having 10kg+ up there!! But also, there is simply not enough room on board to cater for everyone to bring 10kg, let alone more than that.

Sorry,but I disagree with you:
Easyjet online check-in is completely different in comparison to the FR version: Easy doesn't ask you your travel document's number neither your birthday or whatever. In my opinion these non mandatory (if easy isn't obliged to do why should FR?) features are just "falls" to let you make a miastake wherefor you have to call the premium rate number. Obvious is that treating more data than easyjet does makes the things quite more difficult for FR, so it is very hard to make times longer. Actually 21 days or 15 are a long time to find a place to print a boarding card, let's be honest, in 2007 the terms were tighter.

About the hand luggage restriction, I think, imho, it's just a choice: flying with easyjet isn't possible for prices under 20€ - more or less - meanwhile it is more than possible with FR. Also often the airports are better with Easyjet than with FR: Paris beauvais or Orly/Roissy are miles away just as El pratt or Girona/Reus (london is a nice exception). At the same way the hand luggage policies are miles away. Easy just hands a VOLUME restriction (55x40x20) while FR apllies also a weight restriction. Weight and Volume are 2 different things, one is measured in Kg,oz,tons and the other in liters,m3, gallons...For instance 10 liter water are 10 kg, but 10 liter oil are circa 8 kg.
So I experienced that a regular trolley(55x40x20) could weight max 16-17 kg, if you aren't a gold/Plutonium smugller. And it's mandatory you may stow your baggage in the lockers without assistance. And off course it's not more dangerous to have a 10 kg trolley above your head than a 15 kg...Have you ever noticed pics with ryanair crew in the overhead lockers? would they weight less than 3-4 10 kg trolleys? No, it is just a matter of choice. Easyjet gives you perhaps more for a higher basic fare than FR does.
I' am very grateful to MOL: thanks to him I saw a lot of Europe for lesser than less on reliable aircrafts. Also MOL changed dramatically the airlines world, making pricefighting THE TARGET to aim to.
But no MOL isn't always telling the real thing, it's always his version of truth. Version that can collide to the truth, but surely not always!
But yes I love him!!! 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin 21 days Icon_biggrin
j2op
j2op
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc84 Tue 10 Jul 2012 - 17:29

Is it 15 days now ?

The website doesnt say 21 days now it says 15 days.

I need to check in 16 days before a one way flight !!!
lfc84
lfc84
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 9:04

Normally it was possible during the last years to check in online more than 15 days in advance. maybe it's still like this, just try it.
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by bateryan Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 11:01

I have started a new topic named "(Re)printing boarding pass when away". Maybe you see there an usuable solution for your problem.
bateryan
bateryan
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc84 Wed 11 Jul 2012 - 11:11

thanks
lfc84
lfc84