Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabin crew kept busy

5 posters

Go down

Cabin crew kept busy Empty Cabin crew kept busy

Post by Plain Crazy Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 10:38

Yesterday evening my homeward journey from TRF to EDI was a real treat to fly on EI-EKL.

The rest of the journey, unfortunately, was probably the most unpleasant experience that I've had with Ryanair yet so far due to the lack of respect from many fellow passengers.

The cabin crew had real difficulty trying to do the safety demonstration as so many passengers were very rowdy and noisy and appeared to have had a good drink. They had to stop the safety demonstration and appealed three times for quietness to enable them to continue, pointing out that it is for the passengers own benefit and safety. Eventually the accompanying pre-recorded message was turned up very loud but unfortunately to no real avail as even after this people still continued to talk loudly.

However, I have never seen so many sales before on a Ryanair flight, (I bet the cabin crew wish all flights were like this, or maybe not!!!) with tins of Carlsberg just about flying out of the serving trolleys! So many passengers were tendering large notes for their purchases which the cabin crew were simply unable to accept due to lack of change, so in turn were being asked for their credit cards instead! Credit card sales on that flight must have been phenomenal. Two members of cabin crew spent the majority of the flight serving drinks and snacks.

Last edited by Plain Crazy on Thu 18 Mar 2010 - 10:40; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Plain Crazy
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 84
Registration date : 2010-02-19

Back to top Go down

Cabin crew kept busy Empty Re: Cabin crew kept busy

Post by RyanTom Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 20:48

Sorry for seeing this so late but I'm ashamed to say that when Norwegians go on holiday they very often drink themselves senseless! I really can't say I am proud of my countrymen! Embarassed
RyanTom
RyanTom
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Globemaster Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 21:30

Tom ! - where did you read that these rowdy and noisy people were Norwegians going on holiday ????

Perhaps they were of some other nationality coming back from a holiday ??!!! JK

Last edited by Globemaster on Mon 4 Oct 2010 - 21:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling !)
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanTom Tue 5 Oct 2010 - 18:32

Hi Globemaster! I must confess that I didn't read it - simply assumed it from experience! I find it very embarrasing when I see (and hear) my fellow countrymen while they're drunk abroad. In a funny way your little prod at me was quite comforting though! Very Happy
RyanTom
RyanTom
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by gavinol Sat 30 Oct 2010 - 10:09

This is a problem all over the world and has to be solved by a common set of rules.Some airlines have plastic handcuffs to rein in drunk passengers who turn violent on board; these passengers are handed over to the airport security personnel who, in turn, pass them on to the local police station. But, if airline officials so request, passengers are let off by the airport security personnel after being made to write a letter of apology.

gavinol
gavinol
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bloggs Fri 5 Nov 2010 - 16:02

I`ve twice been on flights where alcohol has caused problems but both times been dealt with quickly and firmly by the crews.

The first was with My Travel Lite (remember them?) when some some teenage lads who`d been drinking kept making sexual innuendos to a group of teenage girls. After a couple of complaints where made to the cabin crew the Captain asked them to get their hand luggage and leave the plane. When the options were explained ie walk off or dragged off by the police they left.

The second occasion was on a FR flight back to Liverpool from Dublin. Someone had brought their own alcohol on board and was drinking it as we started to push back. The cabin crew tried to take it off him only to get a mouthful of abuse. The captain was informed and an announcement made. The man concerned was given two choices, 30 seconds to apologist and hand over the alcohol or back on the stand to be arrested and removed by the police. He grovelled an apology.

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down