Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :(

+3
atoutprix
MrHoyt
jphphh
7 posters

Go down

error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :( Empty error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :(

Post by jphphh Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 16:38

Hello everyone,

I just bought a flight from Frankfurt/Hahn to Stansted and back again.
About 1 hour ago.

My family (5 persons)
is flying to London on August 26th and back on August 31st.

When I was booking the flight, I was given three timely options to fly for each day:
One in the morning and the two others in the afternoon.
However, the standard given option was the middle one,
thus I selected both the afternoon flights.

I clicked on "Continue" and completed the rest of the procedure.

Having inserted my credit card number, I confirmed my order but suddenly an error saying
"Your session has been locked" came up and I was stuck.
Neither could I go back, nor go to the "manage booking" section.

Eventually, I received my flight confirmation BUT:
due to the error, now my flight time has been changed to 6 am which is definitely not what I wanted at all.

I tried to remember all the steps of booking my flight and again,
the afternoon flight option was the given one. I didn't change anything.

There only was this stupid "session locked" error, leaving me with a wrong flight time.
I can't reach anyone by phone and changing the itinerary regularly would cost me 250 Euros.

What should I do?

I appreciate all your help.
jphphh
jphphh
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-04-03

Back to top Go down

error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :( Empty Re: error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :(

Post by MrHoyt Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 18:50

I booked a flight yesterday and also got the session locked error, but they took my monmey and i got a conf email so it seems im OK...

Ryans selfdeveloped website isnt very good...
MrHoyt
MrHoyt
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2008-12-31

Back to top Go down

error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :( Empty Re: error in booking system leads to wrong flight time :(

Post by atoutprix Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 19:54

You could take your case to the customer service department :

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/contact-numbers
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jphphh Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 20:28

I know, but in my case the flight time itself has been changed.

The problem is that I cannot provide any kind of evidence.......
For them, it could just like my fault...

I think I'll give them a call.

Do you have experience in getting that annoying "session locked error"?
jphphh
jphphh
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jphphh Sat 3 Apr 2010 - 20:35

The striking thing is that the afternoon flight was exactly THE option that Ryanair proposed to me,
which I selected.

Now the error and the wrong time.
How can the customer rely on a system like this?
jphphh
jphphh
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Fri 9 Apr 2010 - 10:31

Some flights offer different prices to the same destination, so ensure that your purchased price matches your departure fare if you can remember what it was.
Also be aware that the lowest fare is automatically selected, so it expected that you choose your departure time.

It seems unlikely that your departure time was changed since although your session was locked your payment was accepted. A change in a departure time would likely alter your base fare and final payment.

Your confirmation e-mail suggests to me it was your error.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by DavieP Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 13:17

Same thing has happened to me! It is not your error - it is their error. I had a session locked message and then my flight was altered from 3pm to 6am!!! There is a glitch. I had to pay £50 to re-arrange it - I am pursuing a refund.
DavieP
DavieP
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Post by lhops Thu 10 Jan 2013 - 22:13

hello,

I am sorry to see that people had the same problem as me. This week I had to travel to my aunties funeral and booked a flight from Manchester to Dublin, 2 days in advance. I was to arrive at 10pm the night before the funeral and leave at around 10.30 on the night of the funeral. The day I got home from work and booked my flights was my girlfriends 30th birthday so I did not find the time to check the confirmation email (my only mistake). On the morning of the flight I went to check in online only to find to my horror that the flights that the system had booked were 7.30 in the morning (already passed) and flying back at 6 the next morning (before the funeral would have taken place). I consider myself to be extremely thorough when booking things online and triple check everything always. my girlfriend was there when I booked my flights and verified what I thought i had booked. I am 110% certain that the correct times came up when booking the flights and going through the various pages and that this must be an error with the booking system. I got immediately on the phone and spent the rest of the day (literally) on the phone to Ryanair, or waiting for them to get back to me, ( at considerable cost!) getting passed from person to person who all refused to accept their companies responsibility for this error. As you can imagine this was extremely stressful at a time that I didnt need it. After several conversations, the best Ryanair would offer me was a refund for my original flights (160 pounds ) on the conditions that I paid for the same flights that I had originally booked ( now 350 pounds) AND that I could provide a copy of my Aunts death certificate to verify what I was saying to them. This last part was the final straw and actually disgusted me. The thought of having to go to my aunties husband at a time like this and explaining why I needed a death certificate angered me and i vowed to never use Ryanair again. As there was no flights available to Dublin at this late stage I had to fly to Belfast, get a hire car, drive to Dublin, attend the funeral, drive back to belfast, fly into Liverpool and get the train back to Manchester. All of which was unnecessary and stressful. Thank you very much Ryanair what a vile company you turned out to be.
lhops
lhops
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 11 Jan 2013 - 14:32

Double check your confirmation and if it is incorrect contact RYR ASAP

It is very unfortunate and i would hope RYR are dealing with problems to the best of their ability(The way forward ressolve/ improving issues in the future) - many other stories have shown simply phoning RYR can be a great ressolve and in most cases no extra charges have been issued even though Ryanair are fully in their rights to do so (Terms and conditions).

I tend to double or treble check my initial booking before the final commit to buy, simply because mistakes are easily made when booking online , spelling mistakes, clicking on the wrong date etc. Todate i have been lucky to avoid a system failure.

Regards

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum