Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FR8086 RIX - CRL tomorrow

3 posters

Go down

FR8086 RIX - CRL tomorrow Empty FR8086 RIX - CRL tomorrow

Post by Wover Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 13:34

Hey guys,

I'm sheduled to fly RIX-CRL tomorrow, but I just read that Belgian airspace will be closed untill 10AM (GMT+2). My plane is due to leave RIX at 11AM (GMT+3), but since FR8086 is flown with the plane from FR8085 (CRL - RIX) I'm afraid the plane won't be able to make it.

So a few questions:

- Will flight 8085 maybe leave from another airport (in Germany e.g.) so that it can be more or less on time in RIX?
- Since my flight (8086) will not be flying through closed airspace at the moment it should fly, is it likely that Ryanair will not cancel but delay the flight (which will probably be around 3 hours to delay then)?
- Finally: I can't rebook my flight since I already checked in for it. The advisory is to go to the airport ticket desk or call customer service. Which is the toll-free number and at what times can I reach it (GMT time then probably?)

Greetz,

A worried Ryanair Fan
Wover
Wover
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2009-11-12

Back to top Go down

FR8086 RIX - CRL tomorrow Empty Re: FR8086 RIX - CRL tomorrow

Post by Mushroom Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 14:08

Keep an eye on the local news reports etc. No one knows what it is going to be like tomorrow
Mushroom
Mushroom
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 161
Registration date : 2009-05-08

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 14:23

The belgian airspace is closed till saturday morning at 10 am - but unfortunately there is no guarantee that it will then be reopened ...

Sinds 16.30 uur donderdag is het Belgische luchtruim dicht. Op een vergadering tussen experts en staatssecretaris Schouppe is vrijdag beslist dat de sluiting nog zal verder duren tot zaterdagmorgen 10 uur. De kans bestaat dat dat ook nog langer zal duren, maar er volgt een nieuwe evaluatie om 6 uur zaterdagmorgen.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Wover Fri 16 Apr 2010 - 14:39

Yeah, that's what I read as well Wink.

My main problem is that I'm in Estonia and I need to transfer to Riga Airport by bus from here. My sheduled bus leaves at 00:40 and arrives in Riga airport at around 5am. Theoratically, if the flight is on time, that would mean 6 hours of waiting. But since the flight will most likely to be greatly delayed, I was thinking of maybe taking a later bus, which will have me at RIX at 12 pm.. But if the flight is to take off according to shedule, I'm screwed big time :p.
Wover
Wover
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Wover Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 17:16

I got the e-mail that the flight was cancelled on Friday evening and I was very lucky to find one seat available on an Ecolines bus to Antwerp. So I'm home now, unlike many other travellers who will be stuck for several more days probably.

On the first bus I took (to Riga) there were also a lot of Ryanair travellers. I told them about the cancellation, but because they were still hoping that other airlines would fly, they decided to go to the airport. I really feel bad for them.. Good luck!

ps: I think the decision Ryanair made (to cancel all flights untill Monday) was a really good one. Thanks to that decision I looked for other options. Otherwise I would have spent days in the airport/hotel.
Wover
Wover
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: