Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest!

4 posters

Go down

Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest! Empty Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest!

Post by loli Sun 18 Apr 2010 - 17:27

Hi there,

I'm looking to buy a cabin backpack that fits Ryanair requirements of 50 x 40 x 20cm. I'm currently using a Delsey suitcase which is exactly the size I need. The only drawback is it's a suitcase and I prefer a backpack coz they're lighter and much more versatile.

I've done an +extensive+ Wink Google research on the matter and found two bags:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cabin-Approved-Carry-Backpack-Litres/dp/B001CZPYDK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Backpack-Flight-Approved-massive-luggage/dp/B002Q5APX4

Have any of you guys used either of them by any chance? Or perhaps you can suggest a better one?

I'm looking for a largest allowed size backpack at a reasonable price. Any ideas, suggestions, comments?

loli
loli
loli
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2010-01-21

Back to top Go down

Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest! Empty Re: Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest!

Post by mezza Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 16:13

I have the cabinmax bag, It was only £17 delivered from amazon when I bought it last month, generally its normally £19.99 delivered I think, the current price of £24.95 seems a bit steep.

Its very lightweight, has a couple of zipped compartments and pockets etc in the front panel when thats unzipped for your docements etc, couple of straps on the outside that tighten to squash everything in a bit more, the shoulder straps and the back have a bit of padding.

I used it for a trip to Malta and it served its purpose extremely well, the only thing I dont know about yet is durability, the material does seem rather thin. I'll need to get on a few more trips to test that out Smile
mezza
mezza
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest! Empty Re: Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest!

Post by loli Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 16:41

yeah, sounds like a rip off!!! maybe the price was lower originally as part of the marketing campaign!?

i did look on froogle and couldn't find it any cheaper anyway!
loli
loli
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by mezza Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 18:26

The cheapest at the moment is here http://www.gadgetsuk.com/

its £19.99 + £2.95 delivery but if you spend over £20 its free delivery, cheapest thing ive seen is £1.95 after a quick look so that will bring it down to under £22 delivered.
mezza
mezza
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2010-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by loli Mon 19 Apr 2010 - 18:36

that's interesting.

it's a shame though, looks like there's no other similar backpacks on offer at the moment. I mean nothing to fit into my requirements LOL.

i'm gonna have my family visit me in July and am quite anxious about them having to obey all the Ryanair's rules. What's quite natural to me now seems like a horror to my 50 year old dad!

I've ordered the cabin max now but will keep my eyes open for any other suggestions. If this backpack is good enough I might buy one or two more. Still hoping there's something even better!
loli
loli
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Cabin Backpack - Best Lightest Cheapest Awesomest! Empty Cabin max range.....

Post by stevebaker Thu 25 Nov 2010 - 22:55

Careful guys, the £20 cabin max is the laptop bag. The full size Cabin Max is the ones I have and is still just under £30. It's here at Amazon and you can also buy straight from the manufacturers site GadgetUK.com

Ian at polishingpeanuts.com has a nice review about the Cabin Max if you want to see more about them.

I think that they are great and sure they are not too 'trendy', but you do get, I think its 44 litres and it weighs way less than a kilo. It's a no nonsense bag in a minimalist style perfect for budget carriers IMHO ! Cool
stevebaker
stevebaker
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-11-25

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Thu 2 Dec 2010 - 7:56

I would recommend a backpack with with the dimensions of a small suitcase but with the ability to wheel around (wheels and a handle).

I use Argos's cheap £10.99 39 cm wheel around suitcase, used it all over the USA and use it on all my Ryanair flights without problem.

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum