Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone?

4 posters

Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone?

Post by emjharts Thu 29 Jul 2010 - 16:31

Has anyone been having a problem with getting a refund for the time when our flights were cancelled in April due to the volcanic ash?
We received an email on 7th July saying that a cheque would be in the post within 14 days but we still havent received anything. The cheque amount did also not add up to what we were claiming for and so I wrote and asked for a breakdown of what the cheque was for but since then we havent received this nor a cheque.
I know this is supposed to be a fan forum, and I was a fan of Ryan air and have always flown with them but on this occasion i am losing my 'fanness' of them and hope that they understand why i had to write on this forum as i cannot email them nor can i call them as they never answer the phone and it costs ALOT to call them.
Any help would be appreciated as really need this refund as we have bills to pay like everyone else does. Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Icon_sad
emjharts
emjharts
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-07-29

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty I'm also waiting

Post by Nordlicht Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 10:41

emjharts wrote:Has anyone been having a problem with getting a refund for the time when our flights were cancelled in April due to the volcanic ash?
We received an email on 7th July saying that a cheque would be in the post within 14 days but we still havent received anything. The cheque amount did also not add up to what we were claiming for and so I wrote and asked for a breakdown of what the cheque was for but since then we havent received this nor a cheque.
I know this is supposed to be a fan forum, and I was a fan of Ryan air and have always flown with them but on this occasion i am losing my 'fanness' of them and hope that they understand why i had to write on this forum as i cannot email them nor can i call them as they never answer the phone and it costs ALOT to call them.
Any help would be appreciated as really need this refund as we have bills to pay like everyone else does. Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Icon_sad

I've got an email on 2th july and I'm also waiting. No post! no cheque. I hav send a fax, but no response!!
and now????
Nordlicht
Nordlicht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty new Information from Ryanair

Post by Nordlicht Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 12:53

Nordlicht wrote:
emjharts wrote:Has anyone been having a problem with getting a refund for the time when our flights were cancelled in April due to the volcanic ash?

I've got an email on 2th july and I'm also waiting. No post! no cheque. I hav send a fax, but no response!!
and now????

Today I have a new email. The checque is delay, because it was a technical problem. In the next 16 days you get the cheque.
Nordlicht
Nordlicht
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty Email received today

Post by emjharts Wed 4 Aug 2010 - 13:30

Yep, I also got that email this morning regarding the 'technical error' in the banking department, so, I now have to wait another 16 days, i wonder if there will be another problem!
I never got a response about the breakdown of what the odd amount cheque is for so I may write to them again and just keep writing. I'm planningmy next holiday but I think for the first time i will go with someone else, Monarch is cheaper and more comfortable anyway nowadays! Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Icon_eek
emjharts
emjharts
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty really struggling with this

Post by shanny Tue 10 Aug 2010 - 21:02

I would like to start by saying I have never previously had any problems with ryanair ( I just obey their rules) however We had a homebound flight cancelled due to ash the link for the rebooking of flight did not work so we had no choice but to rebook and pay, at the airport they took all our details and confirmed that we would be refunded for the flight........over 5 weeks later we recieved an e mai, to say they would not refund flight but gave a fax number if we wished to appeal I did and to date over 6 weeks absolutly nothing. I am not even trying to claim for my extra hotel costs just a flight that I paid for twice.........I really dont know where to go from here ....any ideas ??????
shanny
shanny
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-08-10

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty Re: Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone?

Post by ruinair Wed 11 Aug 2010 - 19:16

www.courts.ie/courts.ie/library3.nsf/pagecurrent/FA1612690A8F33978025720A00338FE7

"This is a link to the Irish online small claims court website. For a mere 15 euros it is possible to take Ryanair to court to demand refunds, etc. The beauty of it is that you don't even have to be there, which makes this technique ideal for overseas customers of Ryanair. Users should note that the full name of the company is Ryanair Holdings PLC, the registered address is Ryanair Corporate Headquarters, Dublin Airport, Dublin, Co Dublin, Ireland. The Swords area Office is the one to choose from the list." Note: a correspondent reports that Ryanair processed a refund within forty eight hours of a request being posted here.
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone? Empty Re: Problem with refunds from volcanic ash in April anyone?

Post by emjharts Thu 12 Aug 2010 - 18:48

Thanks Ruinair, If i do not get anything by the end of the month then I shall indeed take them to the small claims court. If it was £50 then i'd forget it but its quite a few hundred and i think they have now gone too far dragging this out. I've got all proof that would be needed in court, even the fact that they changed from just providing receipts to having to provide VAT receipts and trying to get away therefore with only refunding us for half. I will get ALL of my money back and the longer they mess me around the less likely it will be that i ever fly with them again. They picked the wrong person to mess with i'm afraid, i won't give up!!!
emjharts
emjharts
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum