Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cabin baggage?

3 posters

Go down

Cabin baggage? Empty Cabin baggage?

Post by Mido Thu 3 Apr 2008 - 19:15

I thought I'd reduce my flight costs by using the onlince check-in feature, so thus, I only can bring in one baggage of 55x40x20cms and 10kgs on board, according to the rules.

My question would be, that are these measurements so strict, that maybe they won't allow me to bring in a shoulder bag (not a big one) along with my suitcase?
Mido
Mido
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Cabin baggage? Empty Re: Cabin baggage?

Post by stevestrac Fri 4 Apr 2008 - 3:25

Depends where you are flying from / to...... If you are going anywhere near Stansted, be VERY careful. One morning on a day trip I had a small rucksack, under the limits, with a Sudoku book and a pencil in it, VERY clearly under 10kg, but still had it weighed by the security staff before going through security.

Others were being sent back to check-in and checking in their bags, with no doubt the additional charges.

Every other airport I've been through has never bothered, but then again I never carry a great deal and they probably think more sensibly when looking at a bag.
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Palermo Fri 4 Apr 2008 - 12:11

i confirm.
It depens where u flying from.
When my stuff does not fit in my cabin baggage I always use this trick:
I carry the remaining objects (usually clothes, towels, something like that...) in a shop plastic bag. It worked in all destinations I've flown (ryanair airports and non), sometimes even in Stansted (but before Aug 2006, when rules became more strict).

Luca
Luca Palermo
Luca Palermo
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Mido Fri 4 Apr 2008 - 13:31

I'm flying from Hungary to Dublin, so I won't go anywhere near Stansted:)
A shop plastic bag? That sounds like a good trick!
Mido
Mido
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-03

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Sun 6 Apr 2008 - 4:37

Dublin seems fine to me, although i would say don't be obviously overweight. Had a chat to someone who works at Stansted the other night (not security I hasten to add) he watches from where he works....

One BAA security (I AM GOD) says no check it in, so passenger goes to next gate along and security person says yeah you're fine!!!!!!!

If you are going through Stansted try and get a non-jobsworth security guard! if you get declined by them all then check-in if not FLY
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: