Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryanair Duty Free Sales

2 posters

Go down

Ryanair Duty Free Sales Empty Ryanair Duty Free Sales

Post by cllrcollins Tue 8 Feb 2011 - 23:48

I have been on a few recent flights from The Canaries to Dublin and Ryanair are now selling Duty Free cigarettes and alcohol.(Reasonable price) I know the limit from The Canaries is 200 cigs and 1 litre of spirits, but I have been told by Ryanair cabin crew that this limit doesn't apply because you bought the items outside the airspace of the Canary Islands and normal EU allowances apply? Hope it's true but I wouldn't like to buy cigs or booze on this understanding and have them taken off you on arrival in Dublin.

Anybody any comment on this confused
cllrcollins
cllrcollins
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-06

Back to top Go down

Ryanair Duty Free Sales Empty Re: Ryanair Duty Free Sales

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 9 Feb 2011 - 4:41

You can ONLY purchase goods upto the limit on any one flight -

If your from the uk-It's cheaper to buy alcohol from a uk supermarket or on the plane( bring back the paseta Sad ) -Canary Alcohol Prices are expensive, but tobacco is still a good buy on the Islands.

Maximum allowance of 200 cigarettes and 1 litre of spirits on each leg of a return flight

Ryanair Launches Duty Free Sales on Four Dublin Routes to the Canaries

PASSENGERS SAVE €50 ON CIGARETTES AND OVER 50% ON SPIRITS

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, announced that it has introduced duty free sales of top brand cigarettes and alcohol on four Dublin routes to/from the Canaries (Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Tenerife). Passengers on these routes can save over €50 on 200 Benson & Hedges or Marlboro cigarettes (priced at just €35) and over 50% on 1 litre bottles of Bell’s Whisky, Gordon’s Gin and Smirnoff Vodka (prices from just €12).

Passengers who purchase the maximum allowance of 200 cigarettes and 1 litre of spirits on each leg of a return flight will save over €120 on Irish high street prices. Ryanair has also introduced Baileys, Gordon’s Gin, Johnnie Walker Whiskey and Smirnoff Vodka for sale on all in-flight bars with 7cl bottles available for just €6.50.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down