Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

North of Spain

4 posters

Go down

North of Spain Empty North of Spain

Post by wilhelm Thu 17 Mar 2011 - 9:23

Is there any news about flights from Eindhoven to Santander or Bilbao?

Last year i read in a newspaper that RyanAir wanted to go flying to these destinations.
wilhelm
wilhelm
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

North of Spain Empty Re: North of Spain

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 15:51

Dont think so... I'm Dutch as well, but didn't saw that news in the first place. Problem is that Eindhoven. Santander and Bilbao aren't Ryanair-bases. Bilbao isn't a Ryanair-destination at all.. So the only option would be a W turnaround. Like for instance: A Ryanair-plane bases at Milan(Bergamo) flies to Eindhoven and then operate a flight to Santander. So you get: Milan(Bergamo)-Eindhoven-Santander-Eindhoven-Milan(Bergamo). Seems very unlikely to me..
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 18:37

HollandRyanair wrote:Dont think so... I'm Dutch as well, but didn't saw that news in the first place. Problem is that Eindhoven. Santander and Bilbao aren't Ryanair-bases. Bilbao isn't a Ryanair-destination at all.. So the only option would be a W turnaround. Like for instance: A Ryanair-plane bases at Milan(Bergamo) flies to Eindhoven and then operate a flight to Santander. So you get: Milan(Bergamo)-Eindhoven-Santander-Eindhoven-Milan(Bergamo). Seems very unlikely to me..

why unlikely? You already got DUBLIN based plane operating from Eindhoven to Palma & Ibiza...
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 18:47

FR-WRO wrote:
HollandRyanair wrote:Dont think so... I'm Dutch as well, but didn't saw that news in the first place. Problem is that Eindhoven. Santander and Bilbao aren't Ryanair-bases. Bilbao isn't a Ryanair-destination at all.. So the only option would be a W turnaround. Like for instance: A Ryanair-plane bases at Milan(Bergamo) flies to Eindhoven and then operate a flight to Santander. So you get: Milan(Bergamo)-Eindhoven-Santander-Eindhoven-Milan(Bergamo). Seems very unlikely to me..

why unlikely? You already got DUBLIN based plane operating from Eindhoven to Palma & Ibiza...

Correct Very Happy , a W turnaround isn't unlikely but Santander is... Palma and Ibiza seem much more popular destinations to me. Although I would love to visit Santander, I don't think there is much interest from Dutch people for that quite unknown region.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 20:51

HollandRyanair wrote:
Correct Very Happy , a W turnaround isn't unlikely but Santander is... Palma and Ibiza seem much more popular destinations to me. Although I would love to visit Santander, I don't think there is much interest from Dutch people for that quite unknown region.

Unknown??? Basque Country? You must be kidding me or there is poor level of geography education in Netherlands...
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 21:33

FR-WRO wrote:
HollandRyanair wrote:

Unknown??? Basque Country? You must be kidding me or there is poor level of geography education in Netherlands...

Try to stay friendly, I'm not bullying you or something. The fact is that Dutch people prefer Barcelona region, Valencia for a citytrip, Alicante region, Malaga/Marbella region and the Balaeric Islands. Oh off course Madrid as well. Vueling operates flights from Amsterdam to Bilbao but that's mostly used for business. Don't blame me for it, but Basque Country simply isn't a very popular holiday destination.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 3 Apr 2011 - 13:07

these areas were not reachable to most economically but now ryanair is making it possible for people to visit new areas...santander is a very nice area i am sure it will not be too long before many people visit from different parts of europe.

only other option is from Brussels’ South Charleroi Airport to santander so again a long trip to the airport... but with ryanair like you say could get a cheap flight to milan and another onto santander normally low priced routes, but that is for the more adventurous traveller.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: