Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2

+2
RYRaddict
photon
6 posters

Go down

RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2 Empty RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2

Post by photon Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 18:27

http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair-to-introduce-eu261-compensation-levy-of-2-euro

Seems fair, unless we want to see our beloved airline run to the ground.

I'm currently in Ibiza, and it was Ryanair which got me here for £14 return. I'd pay them £5 a month just to keep those dam air fares cheap.

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2 Empty Re: RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2

Post by RYRaddict Wed 30 Mar 2011 - 21:57

As Ryanair will never introduce any fuel surcharge, they have to find other names for that : on line check-in fee, EU261 tax, administration fee...
I can't blame them for increasing their fares and their fees, most of the airlines do the same with their fuel surcharge.

But I think that this EU261 tax will increase little by little, as it is the case for the other fees.
RYRaddict
RYRaddict
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 61
Registration date : 2010-03-02

Back to top Go down

RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2 Empty Re: RYANAIR TO INTRODUCE EU261 COMPENSATION LEVY OF €2

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 14:32

Agree we was in Portugal we bought cheap tickets dep LPL 29th march morning flt, was planned to return the same night ... we found 2 tickets to return on 30th march for a total of £40 each for that price we stayed another night and had a great time bounce other airlines were charging from £80 each some alot more.... so yes i will not be moaning.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 16:49

Very good Ryanair, That's the only way to deal with inpossible costs
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 17:45

RYRaddict wrote:As Ryanair will never introduce any fuel surcharge, they have to find other names for that : on line check-in fee, EU261 tax, administration fee...
I can't blame them for increasing their fares and their fees, most of the airlines do the same with their fuel surcharge.

But I think that this EU261 tax will increase little by little, as it is the case for the other fees.

A BIG YES !!! I am agree with you Wink
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Thu 31 Mar 2011 - 22:09

I take bets what will be next fee ...

maybe + 5 E for allocated sitting at emergency exits (legroom fee) - Sterling had such fee and it was working Smile

or maybe allocated sitting to be boarded first (2 x price priority) than board normal priority etc

FR had a chance to use allocated sitting when they operated for EI (EI loaded FR plane scheme to EI booking system) Cabin crew operating those flight were really happy
FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Fri 1 Apr 2011 - 6:23

FR-WRO wrote:I take bets what will be next fee ...

maybe + 5 E for allocated sitting at emergency exits (legroom fee) - Sterling had such fee and it was working Smile

or maybe allocated sitting to be boarded first (2 x price priority) than board normal priority etc

FR had a chance to use allocated sitting when they operated for EI (EI loaded FR plane scheme to EI booking system) Cabin crew operating those flight were really happy

According to what I was told, ryanair don't use allocated seats becuase this would affect the 25 minute turnaround (people looking for their assigned seat numbers and general messing around).
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by FR-WRO Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 0:21

photon wrote:
According to what I was told, ryanair don't use allocated seats becuase this would affect the 25 minute turnaround (people looking for their assigned seat numbers and general messing around).

Have you ever seen both types of boarding?

People with allocated seats may do less mess than on free sitting - I've seen LH flights with 30 mins turnaround and ready to go in 15 mins with full plane (it was CRJ-9 not B738 but boarding in CRJ is through 1 door only)

when next time you'll be flying FR just take priority and observe people's behaviours - they are blocking each other - cabin crew needs to force people to move to the centre as after 30 pax boarded there is a jam in front

I can take a bet with anyone that well managed allocated seating boarding can take less time than free seat boarding and as told previously I got verbal reports from FR c/c who operated EI flights that it was much better and efficient

Real problem with allocated seats is not speed of boarding but need to upgrade booking system with interactive graphs what would expand server needs at least 5 times (java) and it would cost FR millions EUR's to implement. Moreover there would be a loss of priority fees. of course they can introduce seating choice fee but.... it would need to be optional and with full plane they would need to allocate seating for those who did not pay for seat choice just prior departure = gate printed boarding card = paper/ airport software/printer cost

FR-WRO
FR-WRO
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2008-03-15

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 2:32

Thread seems to be going slightly off topic here... but comments regarding how the average man boards an aircraft or leaves it in a state sometimes one does is very interesting.
Could be a thread on it's own. Question
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum