Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maastricht MST - Tenerife Sur TFS

3 posters

Go down

Maastricht MST - Tenerife Sur TFS Empty Maastricht MST - Tenerife Sur TFS

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 2 Apr 2011 - 17:07

Once again a lovely Ryanair experience!
I went to Tenerife with 3 Dutch studymates and we chilled out at the beaches and had some great parties every night.
The flight departed from Maastricht-Aachen Airport in Southern Netherlands.
Since it was the first time using that airport, I didn't know what to expect.
The departure hall was really small and completely full with just one flight leaving at that time..
In summer time Ryanair operates 9 routes from Maastricht. No idea how the airport manages to handle those flights with a departure hall as big as one waiting area for a single gate at Amsterdam Schiphol. I clearly prefer Amsterdam or Eindhoven, but there were no cheap flights leaving to the Canary Islands there.

Flight from Tenerife landed 5 minutes late. Scheduled turnaround time is very short (25 min) while the refueling takes quite long for the 4 hour 50 min flight. Still, the turnaround was done in 30 min so our flight left just 10 min behind schedule. Captain announced the flight would take 4 hours and 30 minutes so we could make up time in the air. And so we did: We flew south towards Belgium, across France, passed the Pyrenees, across Spain and on to the Atlantic Ocean near Seville. We continued alongside the Moroccan mainland, over Lanzarote and Fuerteventura towards Tenerife. After a awsome turn on the approach, we landed (harrddd breaking) safely and 5 min ahead of schedule. After a short taxi a big Ryanair-surprise was waiting us! Our Boeing 737-800 arrived and was attached to a jet bridge, oh yeahhh.

Great flight and once again really, really cheap Very Happy This single way ticket was €23,50 (which we paid for the return flight as well) for a 4,5 hour flight. We simply all love those fares, don't we Wink ?
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Maastricht MST - Tenerife Sur TFS Empty Re: Maastricht MST - Tenerife Sur TFS

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 3 Apr 2011 - 13:40

great prices for a long flight i have flown in the past liverpool to lanzarote or similiar and i also flew brussels lanzarote €5 each way ,,,,, crazy,,, not many prices like that now.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Mon 4 Apr 2011 - 22:56

Ryanairflyer wrote:great prices for a long flight i have flown in the past liverpool to lanzarote or similiar and i also flew brussels lanzarote €5 each way ,,,,, crazy,,, not many prices like that now.

Woaw, €5 is so amazing for a flight that long. I've been looking for some nice fares in May, but couldn't find something nice. Maastricht-Tenerife for 17,99 all-in though Wink Pitty I have to be in Holland for those days in May. May I ask how you got to Charleroi from Manchester? Was I just flying for fun or did you really want to go to Lanzarote?
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by symonsj Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 9:07

We flew MAA-TFS-MAA about a week ago and although the prices dropped after we bought our tickets, I'm quite satisfied and will try to fly from MAA again. It is easy to reach the airport, at least by car and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly; the airport parking is not as cheap (1 week=59.5) as Weeze but better than CRL (which is a crime and a valid reason to avoid CRL). I don't know if there are cheaper parkings in the neighbourhood nor if there is affordable public transportation from MAA to e.g. Turnhout in Belgium.

I consider it a disadvantage though that the plains leave TFS at 6h00 in the morning: there is surely no public transport that early and even taxi's are rare at 4h in the morning. Due to this schedule one arrives at TFS in the late afternoon and leaves very early in the morning: effectively this results in half a day shorter stay on the island and a somewhat higer cost for the taxi.

To summarize: thank you Ryanair... now go for EHV-TFS please and we will travel twice a month Very Happy .
symonsj
symonsj
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Thu 7 Apr 2011 - 9:40

symonsj wrote:We flew MAA-TFS-MAA about a week ago and although the prices dropped after we bought our tickets, I'm quite satisfied and will try to fly from MAA again. It is easy to reach the airport, at least by car and the atmosphere is relaxed and friendly; the airport parking is not as cheap (1 week=59.5) as Weeze but better than CRL (which is a crime and a valid reason to avoid CRL). I don't know if there are cheaper parkings in the neighbourhood nor if there is affordable public transportation from MAA to e.g. Turnhout in Belgium.

I consider it a disadvantage though that the plains leave TFS at 6h00 in the morning: there is surely no public transport that early and even taxi's are rare at 4h in the morning. Due to this schedule one arrives at TFS in the late afternoon and leaves very early in the morning: effectively this results in half a day shorter stay on the island and a somewhat higer cost for the taxi.

To summarize: thank you Ryanair... now go for EHV-TFS please and we will travel twice a month Very Happy .

The airport is indeed easy to reach by car.. By public transport isn't that easy though. To get from Utrecht (Central NL) tot Maastricht-Aachen Airport takes almost 2,5 hours. For as far a I know, no public transport connections to Belgium are avaible. The 0600 departure from TFS is horrible indeed, that because (you probably know yourself) TFS is a Ryanair-base and MST isn't. So, flights are being operated from TFS. We went for a beer in Playa de las Americas the night before, returned home a 0230, checked out our appartement en were picked up at 0310 by a regular Mercedes (shuttledirect.com). We all slept the entire flight to MST, which is a disaster in a Ryanair-plane:) To finish: EIN-TFS is not going to be reality. Eindhoven has flights to Las Palmas (Gran Canaria) and Arrecife (Lanzarote). The MST-TFS flights will lose most passagers (the Dutch and Belgians) to Eindhoven, which will make the MST flight empty.

Cheers
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 16:31

HollandRyanair wrote:
Ryanairflyer wrote:great prices for a long flight i have flown in the past liverpool to lanzarote or similiar and i also flew brussels lanzarote €5 each way ,,,,, crazy,,, not many prices like that now.

Woaw, €5 is so amazing for a flight that long. I've been looking for some nice fares in May, but couldn't find something nice. Maastricht-Tenerife for 17,99 all-in though Wink Pitty I have to be in Holland for those days in May. May I ask how you got to Charleroi from Manchester? Was I just flying for fun or did you really want to go to Lanzarote?

I drove upto edinburgh flew to charlerio onto Lanzarote had a few good days in the sun and returned the same route.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down