Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purchased items at departure gate

+2
Romāns Sēja
Ryanairflyer
6 posters

Go down

Purchased items at departure gate Empty Purchased items at departure gate

Post by Romā Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 10:50

I regularly travel Riga - East Midlands. On a few occasions at the departure gate in East Midlands I have been told that water bottles bought in the airport (and this would also apply to any purchased items) would have to go into my hand luggage as that "is Ryanair rules". If the hand luggage is full one then has to find coat pockets big enough for the bottles, then remove them after going through the departure gate. Is this rule correct?
Anonymous
Romā

Back to top Go down

Purchased items at departure gate Empty Re: Purchased items at departure gate

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 11 Apr 2011 - 16:35

it all depends on the boarding staff at the gate... all airports are different ..well i have found that to be the case... normally bottles/ food are asked to be put in the baggage if told to do so.. unsure about staff requesting you place the same in a coat pocket... new one on me.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Romāns Sēja Thu 14 Apr 2011 - 8:01

They didn't ask me to place the bottles in my coat, just that I was only allowed to carry one hand item (which was full), so two bottles of water makes it three items. Silly attitude as I took them out of my coat after going through the departure gate. Would have had a problem if I was carrying alcohol/cigarettes.
Romāns Sēja
Romāns Sēja
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-04-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 14 Apr 2011 - 16:53

yes agree is stupid... sometimes i carry food and a drink .. why do they make pax place these items in a case ... once on board everyone is out of their seats just to empty the case of food again... seems over the top for food IMO.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 7:11

My experience flying with Purchased items at departure gate 870117 and other airlines has teached me that one or two pouches are advised for put inside snacks, tiny bottles of water, digital camera, mp3 reader etc. and never I have had problems at the boarding gate.
The only thing to remember is dress the pouch(es) under a jacket or something similar for hide it at the curious eyes of the cabin crew.

Rules are made ​​to be circumvented (when possible)...if you remember the philosophy of the "onion skin", you can put anything you want under the dresses. Wink
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Sat 23 Apr 2011 - 13:18

fly4w4y wrote:
The only thing to remember is dress the pouch(es) under a jacket or something similar for hide it at the curious eyes of the cabin crew.

To be quite honest, the cabin crew don't care how many items of carry-on luggage you have. It's the staff at the boarding gate you need to worry about Smile
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Thu 28 Apr 2011 - 20:03

The man bag under a hoodie or jacket is always a good trick to evade over zealous gate staff. Swing the bag so it's on your back to avoid the tell tale bump!
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fly4w4y Fri 29 Apr 2011 - 3:11

It's the staff at the boarding gate you need to worry about
I agree this consideration.

In my last flight from Bologna BLQ to Arrecife ACE the check at boarding gate was pretty accurated (like ever should be made), and I have seen some customers who are been constricted to open their baggages for put inside it some things trasported out from them baggage
fly4w4y
fly4w4y
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 231
Registration date : 2009-02-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joe Bloggs Sat 30 Apr 2011 - 20:34

I normally carry on a bottle of water and a book. As yet I`ve had no problems.

I`ve sewn a cushion cover in to the back of my jacket to give myself a bit more stowage space!

Also, at East Mids there`s a sign by the duty free saying that Ryanair passengers may take duty free bought there on board in a separate bag. I`ve not seen anyone try it yet though...

Joe Bloggs

Joe Bloggs
Joe Bloggs
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2009-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down