Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Queue for Bag Drop

+3
EchoVictorOscar
Ryanairflyer
JohnP
7 posters

Go down

Queue for Bag Drop Empty Queue for Bag Drop

Post by JohnP Fri 27 May 2011 - 9:17

I returned from Fuerteventura yesterday. The queue to merely drop off luggage for the Ryanair Flight was really annoying. It took me 90 minutes to get the the front of the queue. We then had to run to the gate and had no time for a drink in the Departures area. The issue seemed to be that some passengers had baggage or documentation problems to argue about.
My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports. If the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the passenger is sent to the back of the queue.
Baggage Drop Off should only take seconds. It is only a case of dropping bag onto conveyor - showing document and passport. 1minute is ample time. Anyone with an expected complication should first go to the appropriate airline enquiry desk.
What do you think? It really is frustrating standing in the queue whilst people re-pack their luggage as they didn't comply with their contract conditions.
JohnP
JohnP
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-05-27

Back to top Go down

Queue for Bag Drop Empty Re: Queue for Bag Drop

Post by Ryanairflyer Fri 27 May 2011 - 15:00

I totally agree... un prepared passengers can be a nightmare and can be a hindrance to others that take a little time to plan ahead.
Airlines/Airports need to pull their finger out, this is a constant problem but they do not seem to care.
Why not have open checkin times so queues do not form allowing early arrivals the drop off facility before those that arrive in bulk (some airlines allow this including a different low cost airline I use)At some airports the gates can be many many minutes away from checkin so one mad rush for passengers who are caught in such circumstances.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Fri 27 May 2011 - 17:42

I totally agree. If you've ever watched the TV program 'Airways' which follows Aussie low fares airline, Tiger, you'd see that they do just that. If your bag is too heavy and you need to re-pack, you have to step aside & go to the end of the queue. Serves them right! Smile
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnP Fri 27 May 2011 - 18:04

I wonder if we sometimes have a misguided focus on customer service. We disregard to the compliant majority in favour of the needs of the incompetent minority.
Not sure if it is a Handling Agent or an Airline issue. Damned annoying waiting whilst people rearrange their luggage. They seem to expect to be accommodated. Do they expect the same if they take a parcel to be posted and find it is in the next size / weigh band?
JohnP
JohnP
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by upndown Tue 31 May 2011 - 7:48

After 2 or 3 FR flights anyone should get aware that he can't expect a 3-course-meal for the price of a banger. Show up with your home printed boarding pass, your bag within weight and size limits, and be prepared to be tossed around like a lamb at the slaughterhouse. Don't expect friendly staff, they are paid according to what you pay. The bottom line: It's the dark side of a good bang for the buck.
upndown
upndown
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-05-31

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnP Tue 31 May 2011 - 9:18

But in this case the problems are caused by PASSENGERS being incompetent. The "Customer Service" at the desk (usually the Handling Agents) focuses too much on these incompetent people to the disadvantage of the compliant majority who have to wait for them to be processed. I have no real gripes about Ryanair on this. My only gripe with Ryanair is their booking fee - and the way other passengers have unrealistic and outdated expectations. I am mature enough to sit in a aircraft seat for 2 - 4 hours without any frills.
JohnP
JohnP
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Tue 31 May 2011 - 18:11

upndown wrote:After 2 or 3 FR flights anyone should get aware that he can't expect a 3-course-meal for the price of a banger. Show up with your home printed boarding pass, your bag within weight and size limits, and be prepared to be tossed around like a lamb at the slaughterhouse. Don't expect friendly staff, they are paid according to what you pay. The bottom line: It's the dark side of a good bang for the buck.

Not a good first post, sir. Your post has absolutely nothing to do with this topic, and your comment about staff is just plain ignorant!

In future stick to the topic at hand, and use the 'Introduce yourself' section before posting elsewhere
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by sjy Tue 14 Jun 2011 - 20:09

My suggestion is simple - for all airlines / handling agents / airports. If the transaction cannot be completed within (say) one minute then the passenger is sent to the back of the queue.

They should then be reminded that service comes at a price. Ryan doesn't charge you for this So ya dont get it. Deal with it.
sjy
sjy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Tue 14 Jun 2011 - 22:44

sjy wrote:

They should then be reminded that service comes at a price. Ryan doesn't charge you for this So ya dont get it. Deal with it.

I fully agree! I've never had any problems with check-in.. Just check the terms and conditions en follow it up, how hard can it be? Too hard? Not the other passenger's problem, but yours.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Banana Fri 5 Aug 2011 - 23:06

what I do when I'm doing check in is if there's any problem with the luggage I simply give them back their boarding cards and send them to the side of the queue to solve it so I can take other passengers.
It's incredibly annoying when passengers either refuse to take something out or pay. I just point to the handling company's desk and NEXT PASSENGER, PLEASE!
Banana
Banana
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by JohnP Sun 7 Aug 2011 - 17:04

I don't suppose these people with the over weight / oversized luggage act awkward when they go to the post -office to mail a parcel. The concept is the same - you are buying a service which has a tarrif based on size and weight. Also - the staff have to follow the rules of their employer or they could get disciplined.
JohnP
JohnP
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down