Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about the seating

+2
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
Vickie
6 posters

Go down

Question about the seating Empty Question about the seating

Post by Vickie Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 22:05

Hi there,

I'll shortly be going on my first flights with Ryan Air and I've got a genuine question about the seating..

I'm told that it is unreserved seating, which I'm perfectly happy with - I aim to be at the gate nice and early.

But my question is, how are they able to do that? I'd always thought that airline passengers had to be given allocated seating incase of the unthinkable happening..

This is a genuine question by the way, fuelled by nothing other than curiosity.

Vickie
Vickie
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2011-06-24

Back to top Go down

Question about the seating Empty Re: Question about the seating

Post by ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 22:24

It's free seating ! if you want to be on a special seat you can buy prority ticket to have more chance for your favotite seat ! I believe that now on sme Question about the seating 870117 flights you can book your seats : DUB/AGP , DUB/LGW and others ! And I think that for mostly passengers it doesn't matter to be on seat 3A or 19E ..... it's my own opinion
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT
FR Veteran
FR Veteran

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2010-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 22:33

Vickie wrote:
I'd always thought that airline passengers had to be given allocated seating incase of the unthinkable happening..

I don't know if allocated seating has been mandatory in the past, but nowadays it is not.
Most LCC don't allocate seats - easyJet and Ryanair amongst them.
If the "unthinkable" happens, there is now the DNA to do the identifications if needed...

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickie Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 22:38

Yes that's true Atoutprix - I'd not thought of that.

I'd just always thought that that was why you had allocated seats in the distant past, but your answer is a very valid and probable reason.

Vickie
Vickie
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Vickie Tue 5 Jul 2011 - 22:40

ALEXANDRECCFAIRPORT wrote:It's free seating ! if you want to be on a special seat you can buy prority ticket to have more chance for your favotite seat ! I believe that now on sme Question about the seating 870117 flights you can book your seats : DUB/AGP , DUB/LGW and others ! And I think that for mostly passengers it doesn't matter to be on seat 3A or 19E ..... it's my own opinion

I really don't mind where I sit but I do quite like being next to a window so I can enjoy the view and also have something to rest my head against so I can snooze!
Vickie
Vickie
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by kriisa77 Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:26

I think obese passengers should not be able to sit where they want, and should be designated specific seats (which they should be paying extra fees for since a man at 22 stone, would weight double that of me, and therefore there is technically in terms of weight 2 of him) in order to let the pilots know where there is extra weight on the aircraft. Maybe the pilots should be able to tell the obese passengers where to sit to keep the weight of the aircraft at certain places steady. Ha Ha!
kriisa77
kriisa77
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by kriisa77 Fri 8 Jul 2011 - 0:33

To add to this, on a less humorous note, I think not having designated airline seats is a great privilege. Think about it, when I book tickets on the train to go and visit my girlfriend in Newcastle, I always ask for a quiet coach with a window seat with table facing forward- and what happens, I always end up in the noisy coach on a seat without a table, facing backwards. So being able to choose your own seat on a Ryanair flight is great. Plus it also encourages people to turn up early and on time in order to get to the front to choose their own seat, therefore avoiding delays.
kriisa77
kriisa77
FR Starter
FR Starter

Registration date : 2011-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Rich00cap Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 15:19

If the Unthinkable happened do you think all passengers stay conveniently in their seats. They, like the plane tend to be scattered over a wide area so seating plans are rarely of any use in a crash investigation.
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sun 10 Jul 2011 - 20:12

Either way enjoy your flight bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer