Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule??

4 posters

Go down

Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule?? Empty Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule??

Post by gijoe Tue 12 Jul 2011 - 18:39

Anyone else noticing flights for the Winter schedule are disappearing? Nothing formally announced, but just from going through the booking engine on dates for Nov/Dec.
gijoe
gijoe
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule?? Empty Re: Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule??

Post by klapir Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 1:13

We have noticed the same. in the last 15days 2 out of 3 weekly flights from Milan/Bergamo to Santander were cancelled for the next winter timetable! does anybody have ufficial news? thx!
klapir
klapir
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-07-26

Back to top Go down

Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule?? Empty Re: Flights disappearing on the Winter schedule??

Post by gijoe Tue 26 Jul 2011 - 11:18

klapir wrote:We have noticed the same. in the last 15days 2 out of 3 weekly flights from Milan/Bergamo to Santander were cancelled for the next winter timetable! does anybody have ufficial news? thx!

They have made it clear that there will be cuts to the Winter schedule. MOL mentioned at one point that up to 80 planes could be grounded for the Winter, that is circa 25-30% of capacity. MOL again made it clear that there would be cuts to capacity bringing it below last year's level.

What's different this time is that I remember in previous years that Ryanair would leave the schedule as is and only make changes as the Winter season approached. However, this time they are making the changes way in advance, I noticed in June.

One example I spotted locally is that there were daily flights from both Cork and Shannon to Liverpool (Cork and Shannon are circa 100km apart). However from the Winter schedule (unannounced, just from going through booking engine) the Cork flight is gone and Shannon is down to 4 times a week. So in that one example it has gone from 14 to 4 flights a week.
gijoe
gijoe
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2011-06-14

Back to top Go down

Post by stuart from barnsley Sun 31 Jul 2011 - 21:28

I have noticed that flights from Malaga to Liverpool are not listed from Nov but Malaga East Midland are, so I don't now if the Lpl flights are not released yet or maybe they wont be any?
stuart from barnsley
stuart from barnsley
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2008-10-12

Back to top Go down

Post by nfontal Thu 1 Sep 2011 - 15:05

I can understand that they reduce the flights, but what i cannot understand is that flights which are full everyweek the whole year are now disappearing, for example the flight on Fridays Milan-Santander. Is it not more intelligent to leave the flights on Fridays and Sundays/Mondays ???!!!Because all the people i know and fly very very often and flying mainly at weekends. And changing so often the timetables???!!! I will become crazy if they continue like this...
nfontal
nfontal
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by klapir Tue 6 Sep 2011 - 14:52

You are right NFONTAL! The friday flight Milan-Santander-Milan was usually full! It doesn't simply make sense to keep flights only on sunday and wednesday and excluding the flights on friday and monday! In this way this route will die soon, of course!!!! My friends and myself are already searching for alternatives, which are unfortunately not possible with Ryanair Sad
klapir
klapir
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by klapir Mon 12 Sep 2011 - 16:13

@ NFONTAL: Bilbao - Milano with Vueling is the best alternative! Actually I believe that Bilbao - Milano/Verona should be a route Ryanair should strongly consider for the future!!
klapir
klapir
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by nfontal Thu 13 Sep 2012 - 13:40

Once again Santander-Milan Bergamo disappearing in winter at weekends...!! I simply dont understand that full flights on Friday and Sunday are disappearing during the winter...
Ryanair, please consider that the people in winter are travelling not only for holidays, but also because there are hundreds of people with families in both countries...!!
On the other side, not only Bilbao but also Verona are nice and interesting cities to visit during a weekend. This could be an interesting option to compensate the lack of flights Santander-Bergamo...
nfontal
nfontal
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum