Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

can i share checked baggage with my partner?

5 posters

Go down

can i share checked baggage with my partner? Empty can i share checked baggage with my partner?

Post by emmaz Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 17:26

Hi I am due to fly to Reus next week with my partner. We booked the holiday through low cost holidays and only purchased one checked in luggage only to find out at the end the flight is with ryanair. I have looked on the terms and conditions after I completed the online check in and it says that one cannot share checked luggage. I assumed 'pooling' meant spreading the weight across all the checked bags but now I'm worried they won't allow us to share one piece of checked luggage. Can anyone advise please?
emmaz
emmaz
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

can i share checked baggage with my partner? Empty Re: can i share checked baggage with my partner?

Post by atoutprix Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 17:45

If you have purchased one piece of checked baggage, you can put inside what you please (15 or 20 kg according to what you have chosen and paid, and no forbidden items). An exception : for security reasons, you are not allowed to carry items given to you by unknown persons.
Besides, each of you can carry on board one cabin baggage (10 kg max and 55x40x20 cm maximum dimensions).
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

can i share checked baggage with my partner? Empty Re: can i share checked baggage with my partner?

Post by HollandRyanair Sun 14 Aug 2011 - 19:57

emmaz wrote:Hi I am due to fly to Reus next week with my partner. We booked the holiday through low cost holidays and only purchased one checked in luggage only to find out at the end the flight is with ryanair. I have looked on the terms and conditions after I completed the online check in and it says that one cannot share checked luggage. I assumed 'pooling' meant spreading the weight across all the checked bags but now I'm worried they won't allow us to share one piece of checked luggage. Can anyone advise please?

That's correct... The terms and conditions state it's not allowed to share one piece of baggage with another passager. In my opinion a ridiculous rule and I ignored it last march when I flew to Tenerife with 3 friends. We shared one piece of hold baggage with 4 without any problems. We even checked it in with the four of us in the queue. No problems whatsoever. My advice is to just share it, but let just one of you join the queue, just to be sure.

Good luck!
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 10:07

sharing checked in luggage- oh yes my family mix our clothes in each suitcase all the time- If Airport services lose any part of a lugguage at least on arrival we all have something to wear.

As long as security are happy and they know you packed the bag i dont see a problem.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Mars Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 12:02

If you are aware what is inside the bag and you don't carry anything for anyone that is not travelling nor a prohibited item... it's not a problem. But I wouldn't say it to airport staff... cause they might think you are carriying something for someone who isn't travelling... and that, once again, is not allowed.
Mars
Mars
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2011-08-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down