Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not taking flight - do I check in or not?

5 posters

Go down

Not taking flight - do I check in or not? Empty Not taking flight - do I check in or not?

Post by Sarah Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 18:28

Hi - any help would be very appreciated:

I have two flights (outbund and inbound) booked for two people - one of whom is not taking the outbound flight now. Two questions:

1. Do I check them in the outbound flight or not - will it affect their inbound flight?
2. Can I use their baggage allowance? either hand luggage or hold luggage - I'm guessing not, but it seems unfair when we have paid for the seat, just because its not been used we lose the luggage allowance.

Thank you very much.
Sarah
Sarah
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-15

Back to top Go down

Not taking flight - do I check in or not? Empty Re: Not taking flight - do I check in or not?

Post by atoutprix Mon 15 Aug 2011 - 19:28

1 - It's probably easier to do the online check-in for the two passengers for both flights, outbound and inbound. It does not affect the inbound flight if one (or the two) of them actually does not take the outbound flight.
2 - In my opinion, if your fellow passenger does not board the flight :
- you cannot use his cabin baggage allowance (each passenger can take only one cabin baggage, no exception to that rule)
- you cannot use his checked baggage allowance : for security reasons, a checked baggage whose owner does not board the plane will be unloaded before take-off
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Not taking flight - do I check in or not? Empty Re: Not taking flight - do I check in or not?

Post by RYR Tue 16 Aug 2011 - 12:31

Only check in for the flights that you are taking Exclamation
So only one person check-in for the outbound flight. And two people check-in for the inbound flight.

Why would you check-in for a flight if you know someone is not travelling?

Its just gonna cause unnecessary delays.

No you can't use their baggage allowance.
RYR
RYR
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2011-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Banana Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 2:51

if you check in the person who's not flying, make sure you tell the PSA who's doing the boarding, it can save a lot of time and unnecessary passenger calls
Banana
Banana
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 10:54

Banana wrote:
it can save a lot of time and unnecessary passenger calls

As far as I know, there is no passenger call on the airport PA unless the no-show passenger has actually just checked a hold baggage at the drop desk.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by EchoVictorOscar Thu 18 Aug 2011 - 13:45

Checking-in someone who is not flying is just stupid, I'm sorry. It can cause all sorts of headcount/boarding gate issues. Just don't check-in online if you're not travelling.

Ryanair don't do return bookings per se - everything is treated as a single journey. So, if you don't check-in for one it has no impact on the 'return' leg.
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum