Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Limit in the number of tickets?

3 posters

Go down

Limit in the number of tickets? Empty Limit in the number of tickets?

Post by babu1970 Mon 22 Aug 2011 - 15:17

Hello,

For family reasons I will have to travel often in the next months, therefore I have already bought several tickets, due to the low tariffs. I am now experiencing a problem and I don't know what the reason could be.
When I am trying to buy an additional ticket, after everything if filled in, it comes always the massage that my card cannot be used.
I have tried two different cards (a normal credit card and a prepaid credit card) but the results were the same. I am sure that there is money on both cards. I have tried several times without success.
I was wondering if the reason is that there is a limit in the number of tickets that one can buy. Anyone here with the same experience and a possible solution?

Thanks for your attention,
Babu
babu1970
babu1970
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Limit in the number of tickets? Empty Re: Limit in the number of tickets?

Post by crazybob Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 19:08

Hello Babu,
I do not have this experience, I fly six or eight times a year, but I use my maestercard prepaid about 20 times a year to by tickets.
Either way, I would recommend you to either clear your cookies or use different browser, or even better, different computer in case they look you up by the IP address.

Either way, I doubt they limit the number of flights you can buy, that would be so stupid, that even Ryanair is smarter than that :-)

take care
crazybob
crazybob
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Sun 28 Aug 2011 - 1:14

There could be two problems.

It could be that you didn't select the correct card type, or didn't fill in the correct card name and address.
Ensure that both addresses for both cards are correct.
Also, if your browser autofills your name and address as mine does, ensure you double check those details.

If that doesn't work.

Then it could be that those flights are full, cancelled or a ryanair intermal error.

I have received an error like that,but only becuase my card had exceeded it's limit.
Better top up your pre-paid card.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by babu1970 Tue 30 Aug 2011 - 11:56

Thanks for your answers.
Here few additional details. I tried to buy the flight on different days and from different computers, but the problem was the same. The pre-paid card was charged with more than sufficient money, so that could not be the problem. The problem with the other normal credit card might have been that it is going to expire in 2 months. However I didn't manage to buy the ticket using my cards, but I had to use a friend’s card. In that case Ryanair didn't complain. Still I don't know what the problem with the pre-paid card could be. I just bought additional luggage with that card and it worked without problems....very strange.
Shocked
babu1970
babu1970
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2011-08-22

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum