Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Online boarding passes....that don't scan.

5 posters

Go down

Online boarding passes....that don't scan. Empty Online boarding passes....that don't scan.

Post by anthonymac Tue 23 Aug 2011 - 21:01

Hi folks I just have a question for you. I'm going to give a scenario....

You book a flight with Ryanair, you check in online giving the correct details from your passport. Then you print the boarding pass which also looks correct. When the day comes that you are going on your flight....you go to security and you show your boarding pass which for some reason DOESN'T SCAN....resulting you to have to go to drop in desk for a replacement boarding pass.

This has never happened to me in my past dealings with Ryanair, and I know you are probably thinking this is a bit random. But what i'm wondering is have any of you experienced this. And have you been given the £40 charge for the replacement pass even though you've done everything as required??? Anthony
anthonymac
anthonymac
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2011-08-23

Back to top Go down

Online boarding passes....that don't scan. Empty Re: Online boarding passes....that don't scan.

Post by EchoVictorOscar Wed 24 Aug 2011 - 5:27

No. Your boarding pass is just stamped if it cannot be scanned
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Online boarding passes....that don't scan. Empty Re: Online boarding passes....that don't scan.

Post by Gruenmann Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 9:37

I had this problem once in stansted. it was at the beginning of the online check in thing. normal check in fee was 3 pounds at this time. my boarding pass wouldn't scan (as my printer printed it far to small- but i couldn't know at this time), so they send me back to normal check in. i explained the problem and got a normal boarding pass without paying anything. very fair. but now i would guess it will cost 40 bucks Very Happy
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 25 Aug 2011 - 10:00

In some airports, if your boarding pass can't be scanned, be it at security or at the gate, they use the mouse to check your name on the list shown on their screen. They don't have to search for long as your flight number and rank on the list are on the pass.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Reds1895 Wed 28 Sep 2011 - 17:40

Hi,

This happened to my girlfriend and I in Dublin airport recently.
When our boarding pass failed to scan we were sent back to the desk were a normal boarding pass was issued FOC, much to our surprise.
Reds1895
Reds1895
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-09-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum