Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help with a Confirmation

4 posters

Go down

Need Help with a Confirmation Empty Need Help with a Confirmation

Post by Kathy Fri 9 May 2008 - 1:36

My daughter is going to school in Ireland. She uses Ryanair all the time to travel to other coutries in Europe. Last week, she booked three flights: one to Paris, one to Venice and a return flight to Shannon. She only received one confirmation, the same confirmation in three e-mails. I think its a a clerical error, someone thought they were sending the three confirmations but accidentally sent the same confiramtion three times. She has been trying to e-mail and fax Ryanair for help but isn't getting a response. Does anyone have any advice on how to straighten this out. She leaves for Paris on May 18th.
Kathy
Kathy
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-09

Back to top Go down

Need Help with a Confirmation Empty Re: Need Help with a Confirmation

Post by stevestrac Fri 9 May 2008 - 3:02

Hi Kathy, and welcome to this site.

Just a couple of questions to clarify the circumstances here, if you don't mind.

You mention your daughter has booked 3 flights to Paris, Venice and Shannon. Are these return flights or single one-way trips on each occasion?

One confirmation number in three e-mails, brings concern to me. Each booking is individual and would generate a seperate booking reference once the booking is complete, which SHOULD be noted or printed once the booking is completed and a web page comes up with the unique reference number. They do mention you should print the page for reference.

You mention "clerical error". Alas everything in booking Ryanair is computer generated and a person at the other end inputting incorrect information is unlikely. The confirmation number is generated automatically and so is the e-mail sent to confirm the flight.

Now I don't know where your daughter is situated in Ireland, however, I have 2 suggestions for you / your daughter. Call the geographical telephone number located on this web-site for Ryanair rather than the premium rate number.. OR Get to Shannon Airport (seeing at that looks like the last of your daughter's flights and she maybe in that area) and ask the Ryanair sales desk what they have booked for her.

I only say that, as I have a friend that works at Stansted Airport and she keeps texting me to saying where I'm going in the next few months. therefore she might be able to get correct reference numbers for her flights.

I only say that as a friend on a previous trip called me at 5am saying "I can't go, I can't get on-line to print my reference number". So I told them tell that to the staff at the airport. Which they did and they wrote on a scrap bit of paper their reference number and that was accepted in both directions.

Sorry to keep going on, but if she can also check her bank statement to see what has been paid will also be helpful, in the sense, If she has booked everything then there is proof, if she has only booked once and 3 e-mails have been sent inadvertantly then at least she will know by looking at her account.

I hope that helps a little and also apologise for chattering too much and wish your daughter well flying on Ryanair.

Steve
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Fri 9 May 2008 - 3:04

Also, very quickly.....

Click on the "manage my booking" link on the left hand side of the web page and see what the reference number comes up with, might reduce time in investigating. Sorry just remembered that!
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Fri 9 May 2008 - 10:44

Sometimes they give the same booking ref!

You have to try to lig into the "Manage my Booking" (like stevestrac said) and do it 3 times. If that goed right, just print everything, and flight without troubles.

An other thing: You've got 3 e-mails with 3 confirmations. On each E-mail is the same destination or another?

If you have 3 e-mails with the same confirmation numbers but 3 different destinations, it's ok.

And also: you CAN flight without ticket or booking ref. Your ID-card is enough to flight.
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 9 May 2008 - 12:28

RyanAdmin wrote:

If you have 3 e-mails with the same confirmation numbers but 3 different destinations, it's ok.

And also: you CAN flight without ticket or booking ref. Your ID-card is enough to flight.

Quite so if you do the airport check-in - but if you have chosen the "on line checking", you still need the confirmation number.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: