Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing?

3 posters

Go down

Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing? Empty Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing?

Post by Batfink32 Fri 30 Sep 2011 - 21:15

Just wondering, i flew from Stansted to Bologna last week and after landing at Bologna i looked at the engine exhaust when i got off the plane and noticed a slight white smoke coming out. It wasnt a lot, just a small amount almost like a white vapour. Is this normal after landing? My girlfriend said to me "well if youd just flown over 1000miles youd have smoke coming out your exhaust" lol.
Batfink32
Batfink32
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-30

Back to top Go down

Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing? Empty Re: Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing?

Post by EchoVictorOscar Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 1:13

Yeah happens all the time. Completely normal
EchoVictorOscar
EchoVictorOscar
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 267
Registration date : 2009-01-10

Back to top Go down

Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing? Empty Re: Slight Smoke Out Of Engine After Landing?

Post by Batfink32 Sat 1 Oct 2011 - 2:15

Ahhhh that's good. Was a good flight. The plane was EI EFA " City of Nyokping". Nice plane.
Batfink32
Batfink32
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2011-09-30

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Sat 26 Nov 2011 - 23:32

Most likely evaporation of non flammable water/oil vapour from the exhaust spout. Like any car hot exhaust it becomes extremely hot.

Sometimes you can hear the expansion of the metal as it cools.
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum