Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes?

3 posters

Go down

What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes? Empty What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes?

Post by gspartalis Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 11:24

I would like to ask whether the route from Bremen to Rhodes has been cancelled or not. It was a route until the end of October. The flights of all the other routes from Rhodes to several european destinations are on sale for the summer season of 2012 starting from the end of March 2012, except that one from Bremen to Rhodes and that from Cagliari to Rhodes. I suppose the route from Cagliari to Rhodes has not done well, so it has not been renewed. However, a lot of German and Dutch tourists flew from Bremen to Rhodes during the summer of 2011 with Ryanair. Quite a few people from north Holland drove until Bremen in order to fly to Rhodes with Ryanair. I know this information because a lot of tourists used this flight to come to our hotel and said that they might also come in 2012. The route from Bremen to Rhodes is still in the route map of Ryanair. However, no flights are on sale. Furthermore, it is not in the cancelled routes. So what can we conclude? Has the route been cancelled or should we wait longer?

Thanks a lot for your time to answer my question!

Best Regards,
George Spartalis
Reservation manager of Summer Memories Aparthotel
gspartalis
gspartalis
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes? Empty Re: What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes?

Post by HollandRyanair Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 15:54

gspartalis wrote:I would like to ask whether the route from Bremen to Rhodes has been cancelled or not. It was a route until the end of October. The flights of all the other routes from Rhodes to several european destinations are on sale for the summer season of 2012 starting from the end of March 2012, except that one from Bremen to Rhodes and that from Cagliari to Rhodes. I suppose the route from Cagliari to Rhodes has not done well, so it has not been renewed. However, a lot of German and Dutch tourists flew from Bremen to Rhodes during the summer of 2011 with Ryanair. Quite a few people from north Holland drove until Bremen in order to fly to Rhodes with Ryanair. I know this information because a lot of tourists used this flight to come to our hotel and said that they might also come in 2012. The route from Bremen to Rhodes is still in the route map of Ryanair. However, no flights are on sale. Furthermore, it is not in the cancelled routes. So what can we conclude? Has the route been cancelled or should we wait longer?

Best Regards,
George Spartalis

Hmm seems strange, but it looks like the route is not returning...
You are right that it is still showing up on the route map, but you search as departure airport Bremen, Rhodos doesn't show up as a destination.
Even seasonal routes like Eindhoven-Ibiza are still in the system, but simply no flights show up when you search.

Don't forget that Weeze-Rhodos is on sale and that over 50% of passengers there are Dutch. Still a quite long drive for people from Nothern Holland.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes? Empty Re: What about the route from Bremen to Rhodes?

Post by Wouter Mon 5 Dec 2011 - 16:20

HollandRyanair wrote:
gspartalis wrote:I would like to ask whether the route from Bremen to Rhodes has been cancelled or not. It was a route until the end of October. The flights of all the other routes from Rhodes to several european destinations are on sale for the summer season of 2012 starting from the end of March 2012, except that one from Bremen to Rhodes and that from Cagliari to Rhodes. I suppose the route from Cagliari to Rhodes has not done well, so it has not been renewed. However, a lot of German and Dutch tourists flew from Bremen to Rhodes during the summer of 2011 with Ryanair. Quite a few people from north Holland drove until Bremen in order to fly to Rhodes with Ryanair. I know this information because a lot of tourists used this flight to come to our hotel and said that they might also come in 2012. The route from Bremen to Rhodes is still in the route map of Ryanair. However, no flights are on sale. Furthermore, it is not in the cancelled routes. So what can we conclude? Has the route been cancelled or should we wait longer?

Best Regards,
George Spartalis

Hmm seems strange, but it looks like the route is not returning...
You are right that it is still showing up on the route map, but you search as departure airport Bremen, Rhodos doesn't show up as a destination.
Even seasonal routes like Eindhoven-Ibiza are still in the system, but simply no flights show up when you search.

Don't forget that Weeze-Rhodos is on sale and that over 50% of passengers there are Dutch. Still a quite long drive for people from Nothern Holland.
I think Ryanair are still completing the booking tool, and until that moment (doesn't take long anymore, I think) we can see what routes will be cancelled.
Cancelling routes is more a case of yield (read: the amount of subsidy Ryanair receives), and less a case of load factor.

Eindhoven-Ibiza is bookable though, 3 times weekly (every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday).
Wouter
Wouter
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 490
Registration date : 2007-10-02

Back to top Go down

Post by gspartalis Tue 6 Dec 2011 - 10:27

Thank you for your replies and your information!
gspartalis
gspartalis
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum