Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair.

4 posters

Go down

No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair. Empty No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair.

Post by ruinair Mon 19 May 2008 - 21:45

Ryanair, Europe’s largest low fares airline, today (19th May) announced changes to its optional priority boarding service which allows passengers to be first to board their flights. Airport check-in passengers currently pay £4/ €5 for this service, while web check-in passengers receive this service free of charge in order to promote online check-in.

From 3rd June, Ryanair’s new web check-in/ priority boarding policy will be as follows:

Ø Web check-in will continue to be free of charge.
Ø Web check-in passengers will no longer receive priority boarding free of charge.
Ø Web check-in passengers will pay the same £4/ €5 fee payable by airport check-in passengers for priority boarding.
Ø All passengers can pay for priority boarding either at the time of booking or at the airport.
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair. Empty Re: No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair.

Post by RyanAdmin Mon 19 May 2008 - 21:54

Very smart mister O'Leary...

First give it free with online check-in (so everybody goes without luggage), then raise the airport check-in fees 2 times, and now, when everybody loves the online check in, stop giving away the free priority boarding...

On the other side I think it's logical: On many flights there where more then 50 priority boarders... well, what's priority then?

No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair. 870117
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair. Empty Re: No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair.

Post by ruinair Tue 20 May 2008 - 18:30

yes thats right - there are only a maximum of 80 priority boarders per each flight - sometimes priority is a longer Q than the other passengers!
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 21 May 2008 - 10:56

What of the bookings already made or made before 3d june for flights after 3d june ?
Will they keep their right to priority boarding or will it be necessary to pay for it at the airport ?

I like to have a window seat, it's more fun, you see what happens at take-off and landing, and, in between, you can look at the view below, and take photos.
With a priority boarding, you can nearly always choose a window seat - it's often not possible if you are a non-priority pax.
Which means, I'll probably pay the new fee...
If it can somehow help No free priority boarding with on-line check in on Ruinair. 870117 remaining profitable, flying and expanding its routes despite the fuel price rise, I'll pay it happily !
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Thu 22 May 2008 - 11:48

I like this new rule! Never made any sense to give priority boarding rights to web-checkin passengers, but this is a more fair system and will decrease the pax in the priority-line which is even better.
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Thu 5 Jun 2008 - 13:30

At the gate, there are still two queues, priority and non-priority.
In the priority line : the web-checked with priority, and the other priority pax.
In the other line : the web-checked without priority, and all the other pax.

I had booked before 3d june, with the web checking option, a flight after 3d june.
What happens then ? Had I to pay the fee to get a priority ? No !
When web checking, I was sent a "priority boarding pass", which allowed me the go in the first queue.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down