Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay

3 posters

Go down

Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay Empty Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay

Post by carla_pt Thu 19 Apr 2012 - 22:38

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if someone can help me.

Two weeks ago I was caught with the French Strike which meant a 7 hour delay Sad I asked in the Ryanair Office at Stansted about food vouchers and they told me to send the receipts of a "reasonable" expense to their head office for a refund.

My question is: Has anyone tried this? Do you think is a waste of time to try it? What's the address I should send my receipt in the UK?

Thanks in advance!
carla_pt
carla_pt
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-19

Back to top Go down

Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay Empty Re: Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay

Post by photon Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 8:26

Hi, I was affected by the spanish ATC strikes on the 29th of March this year. I chose a flight transfer to an alternative airport and ryanair refunded my train fare expenses from airport to airport (£35).

Here is that link to claim your refund: https://www.ryanaireu261claims.com/?lg=EN
photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay Empty Re: Refund food expenses after 7 hr delay

Post by carla_pt Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 11:26

Thank you. But it seems that the form is for cancelled flights? I will try anyway!
carla_pt
carla_pt
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-19

Back to top Go down

Post by photon Sun 22 Apr 2012 - 11:29

carla_pt wrote:Thank you. But it seems that the form is for cancelled flights? I will try anyway!

It applies to flight delays of more than 3 hours.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/questions/what-happens-if-my-flight-is-cancelled-by-ryanair

photon
photon
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 141
Registration date : 2009-10-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 25 Apr 2012 - 16:42

I thought you can claim compensation from the Airline - If the delay is caused by the Airline and not a delay caused by atc strikes.
If this is correct then I do not think Ryanair will compensate food vouchers.

Airlines are exempt from paying out compensation if cancellations are due to ‘extraordinary circumstances'. Basically this covers unpreventable occurrences such as extreme weather conditions, security risks and worker strikes.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum