Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Travelling with wheelchair user

2 posters

Go down

Travelling with wheelchair user Empty Travelling with wheelchair user

Post by cg72 Mon 30 Apr 2012 - 16:46

Hi, I shall be travelling from Stansted with my father next week who is wheelchair bound.

Upon making my booking I have selected all the various options enabling assistance on and off the plane etc. When I have gone to check in online I see that he has indeed been accepted as a wheelchair passenger (but does not specify where about in the plane he will be placed) I will need to be sitting next to or near to him at the very least. The online booking allows you to reserve a seat but as I don't know where he will be placed I have no idea which seat I would need to reserve in order to be sitting near him.

So my questions are: As the booking has been made with my father and I together, will I be automatically be given a seat by him wherever he is positioned on the plane, and secondly if this isn't the case, which seat should I book so I will be sitting close to him?

Many thanks
cg72
cg72
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Travelling with wheelchair user Empty Re: Travelling with wheelchair user

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 2 May 2012 - 10:08

Ryanair will reserve one row for your father and he will need to sit next to the window.
I have travelled with a disabled passsenger in the past several times but strangely the seating positions changed. On some flights i was able to sit on the very same row as my companion but on other flights not.
Make it known you are travelling together once at the airport and again at the gate and they will sit you close by.
Once in the air you can sit with your father for the duration of the flight but not during landing.
It maybe advisable to contact Ryanair for your peace of mind - for revised boarding procedures.
Dependant on the Airport you may board first or last.( if you are boarded last ask the boarding staff to save a space in the overhead locker for your baggage- otherwise you may find you are sat at one end and your baggage the other.
If needed you can take your own wheel chair - no fees charged.

regards.
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by cg72 Sun 6 May 2012 - 10:56

Hi, thank you so much for your very detailed response. Very kind of you. Best wishes.
cg72
cg72
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2012-04-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: