Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RyanStory

3 posters

Go down

RyanStory Empty RyanStory

Post by Cho0 Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 14:33

Hey guys,
I am a french student and I am writing a subject about the developpement of the aerodromes in Limousin (France) thanks to Ryan Air flights.
But, I am raising some questions :
When was the first flight to France operated? What was the connection, departure and destination aerodromes?
Are you familiar with IAA matters, i.e. Ryan Air has to operate flights between controlled aerodromes? In the yes case, do you know the IAA reference for this standard?

Best regards,
Cheers!
Cho0
Cho0
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

RyanStory Empty Re: RyanStory

Post by atoutprix Mon 2 Jun 2008 - 15:08

As regards the first Ryanair flights to France, see the FR story on :
http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/about.php?page=About&culture=GB&pos=HEAD
where it says :
Dublin- Beauvais in 1997
Prestwick- Beauvais in october 1997
Stansted to Saint-Etienne and Carcassonne in summer 1998.

A few more informations in :
Siobhan Creaton : Ryanair - How a small Irish airline conquered Europe - Aurum Press, London, 2004
" O'Leary announced that Ryanair would begin to fly from Dublin to Paris and Brussels on 1 May 1997 for just 70 pounds sterling return - almost 100 pounds sterling cheaper than Aer Lingus." ("Paris" being Beauvais, and "Brussels" being Charleroi)
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by don_salvatore87 Tue 3 Jun 2008 - 12:54

IAA follow the standards and recommendations of ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization), the eight commercial freedom is one ICAO agreement:

Quote from "Oxford Aviation Training - Air Law" book:

"The Air Services Transit Agreement"

Commercial Freedoms - The Eight freedom:

With the establishment of the EU and the associated "open skies" policy which reflects the abolition of land frontiers, customs tariffs and immigration restrictions between EU states, a further freedom became necessary to allow the policy to work. This is the privilege of an aircraft registered in one EU state (eg Eire) to pick up passengers, mail and cargo in another EU State (eg the UK) and carry the same to a destination within that state (eg Ryanair).

All Airlines within an JAA member state has to follow the JAR-OPS pt 1 regulations (Joint Aviation Regulations - Operations - Aircraft) which you can find here:

http://www.jaa.nl/publications/jars/jar-ops-1.pdf

As I'm not an expert into this matter but I think that all IFR flights has to be operated from controlled aerodromes, also refer to JAR OPS - Subpart D - 1.192.
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

Post by Cho0 Thu 12 Jun 2008 - 10:11

Hello, just for information you can have flights between 2 non-controlled aerodromes, the minimum is to provide AFIS to the aircraft. AFIS is for Aerodrome Flight Information Service.
In my case, I was looking for why ryanair need a full ATC control for each new destinations.
TIA
Cho0
Cho0
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down