Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stupid pax ?

4 posters

Go down

Stupid pax ? Empty Stupid pax ?

Post by atoutprix Wed 5 Sep 2012 - 18:18

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/ryanair-boss-michael-oleary-declares-passenger-an-idiot-3221365.html

MICHAEL O’Leary, the chief executive of Ryanair, has described passengers who forget to print their boarding passes as "idiots".

Last month, Suzy McLeod received the backing of more than half a million Facebook users after the airline charged her €300 to print out five boarding passes before a flight from Alicante to Bristol.
Ms McLeod wrote on the social networking site: “I had previously checked in online but because I hadn't printed out the boarding passes, Ryanair charged me €60 per person! Meaning I had to pay €300 for them to print out a piece of paper!
But the Ryanair boss branded her “stupid” for falling foul of the airline’s boarding card reissue rules.
“We think Mrs McLeod should pay €60 for being so stupid,” he said. “She wasn’t able to print her boarding card because, as you know, there are no internet cafes in Alicante, no hotels where they could print them out for you, and you couldn’t get to a fax machine so some friend at home can print them and fax them to you.
“She wrote to me last week asking for compensation and a gesture of goodwill. To which we have replied, politely but firmly, thank you Mrs McLeod but it was your ****-up.”
He claimed that 99.98 per cent of Ryanair passengers did print their boarding passes in advance: “To those who don't, we say quite politely: ‘B***** off’”.

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Stupid pax ? Empty Re: Stupid pax ?

Post by Rich00cap Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 18:47

I'm firmly with Michael on this one, stupid cow! How many times are you prompted that you must print off your boarding pass and BRING IT WITH YOU? Michael's bluntness is frankly quite refreshing. She deserved no sympathy and rightly got none.
It would've been cheaper to jump in a cab to an internet cafe, print them off and have the same cab wait and run her back to the airport!
The €60 fee is surely meant as a deterrent to not printing them off, rather than a charge they seriously expect people to pay?
Rich00cap
Rich00cap
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 112
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Mon 10 Sep 2012 - 19:09

Rich00cap wrote:I'm firmly with Michael on this one, stupid cow! How many times are you prompted that you must print off your boarding pass and BRING IT WITH YOU? Michael's bluntness is frankly quite refreshing. She deserved no sympathy and rightly got none.
It would've been cheaper to jump in a cab to an internet cafe, print them off and have the same cab wait and run her back to the airport!
The €60 fee is surely meant as a deterrent to not printing them off, rather than a charge they seriously expect people to pay?

Fully agree. Two options: Either you're blind (you deserve some sympathy) or you're stupid and careless (no sympathy whatsoever).
I would like to thank Mrs. McLeod and her failing buddies for being part of the last category, making Ryanair a very profitable company, which ultimately makes my flights cheaper.

Thank you very much Laughing
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Tue 11 Sep 2012 - 10:38

Amazes me how some totally ignore the terms and conditions. Crazy
Ryanairflyer