Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another interview of MOL

2 posters

Go down

Another interview of MOL Empty Another interview of MOL

Post by atoutprix Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 10:20

http://www.managementtoday.co.uk/features/1150317/michael-oleary-holidays-complete-waste-time/

Michael O'Leary at the top of his well-known provocative humour - a few of his remarks :

I'm paid about 20 times more than the average employee and I think that gap should be wider. I probably work 50 times harder. I was paid €1.2m last year for carrying 80 million passengers. Aer Lingus's boss [Christoph Mueller] got €1.3m for carrying nine million passengers. I think I'm the most underpaid and underappreciated airline boss in Europe.

We're bidding again for Aer Lingus. In the six years Ryanair has had a 30% stake, Aer Lingus has lost €90m and the share price slobs along at 60 cents. We can run it better, but that's not setting the bar very high.

I'm probably unemployable, which is why a business as shitty as the airline industry is one where I can flourish. My wife would love me to retire. But she should be careful what she wishes for.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Another interview of MOL Empty Re: Another interview of MOL

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 3 Oct 2012 - 14:04

Razz bounce .. when he does retire he can always try stand-up
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer