Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seatbelts are pointless !

3 posters

Go down

Seatbelts are pointless ! Empty Seatbelts are pointless !

Post by atoutprix Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 11:17

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/9661829/Seatbelts-on-planes-are-pointless-says-Ryanair-boss.html

Mr O’Leary, the chief executive of budget airline Ryanair, dismissed the notion seatbelts were an essential safety requirement, saying: “If there ever was a crash on an aircraft, God forbid, a seatbelt won’t save you.
"You don't need a seatbelt on the London Underground. You don't need a seatbelt on trains which are travelling at 120mph and if they crash you're all dead..."

He is currently seeking to create “standing room only” cabins for students and budget travellers, selling £1 tickets to European destinations.
"If you say to passengers it's £25 for the seat and £1 for the standing cabin, I guarantee we will sell the standing cabin first,” he said. “No question.
“We don't have heavy landings anymore "If you say to someone,' look, hang onto the handle there, you're coming in to land', they'll be fine.
The 'standing cabin' proposals are currently ruled out by European Safety regulations which say passengers must be belted in for take-off and landing.

Mr O'Leary, whose low-cost airline posted a 10 per cent rise in first-half profits to £477m, said: "We're always looking for new ways of doing things; it's the authorities who won't allow us to do them.
“They are all a bunch of plonkers.”

The outspoken chief executive added flights should no longer be considered a luxurious experience, with passengers more focused on simply getting to their destination.
"The problem with aviation is that for 50 years it's been populated by people who think it's this wondrous sexual experience; that it's like James Bond and wonderful and we'll all be flying first class when really it's just a b----- bus with wings.
"Most people just want to get from A to B. You don't want to pay £500 for a flight.

“You want to spend that money on a nice hotel, apartment or restaurant... "You don't want to p--- it all away at the airport or on the airline."

atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Seatbelts are pointless ! Empty Re: Seatbelts are pointless !

Post by Ryanairflyer Thu 8 Nov 2012 - 13:16

In air Problems can/do occur- Sudden loss in altitude or simple air turbulence alone can cause injury to a passenger not wearing a seatbelt... bounce
Media heaven.. or just one too many Whiskies... Laughing santa
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Gruenmann Fri 9 Nov 2012 - 11:19

I see only one problem for me using standing"seats". I can not look out of the window because I have my head wher now the overheadbins are. Well, ok, an other problem, overheadbins need to be shifted Very Happy
Gruenmann
Gruenmann
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2010-06-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 10 Nov 2012 - 0:52

Gruenmann wrote:I see only one problem for me using standing"seats". I can not look out of the window because I have my head wher now the overheadbins are. Well, ok, an other problem, overheadbins need to be shifted Very Happy

saving weight saving money... you sound like a MOL in the making bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum