Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN

4 posters

Go down

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Empty Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN

Post by HollandRyanair Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 17:00

I had great days in Marrakech! Needed a few hours to get used to this different world and different people, but enjoyed it very much!
So I flew on the 11th of December from Eindhoven Airport to Marrakech-Menera. MOL came to Eindhoven that Tuesday to announce a new Ryanair base at EIN, so me and my mate went an hour earlier to the airport to see mister Ryanair himself.

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Img_0810
MOL arriving with his own Ryanair plane at Eindhoven.

That was MOL then, time for our flight to Marrakech:
FR5895
EIN-RAK
15:45-18:30
EI-DAM
25A
€32,50 single

Our plane (EI-DAM) arrived from Bergamo, as it makes the route BGY-EIN-RAK-BGY.
We departed Eindhoven exactly on time and the captain annouced a flighttime of just 2h 45min!
Such a pitty he forgot to take the time difference into account and it took us the scheduled 3h 45min in the end...
So that made us arrive exactly on time again on a full Marrakech-Menara Airport. Another FR from GRO had just arrived, two sleeping Jetairfly 737's on stand and EZY and AF A320's departing. Walked into the terminal, where we had to fill in a form and got our passport stamped. It was already dark, so time to head for the city centre. We took the Airport bus which was 50 dirham for a return (about 5 EUR) and arrived at Place Djemaa el Fnaa. Our Riad was in the Medina, so time to enter the labyrinth. Found it after 30 min of searching and some help of some pushy Moroccan boys.

Had some great days with beautiful weather in the surprising city of Marrakech. Worth a visit with Ryanair's fares to Marrakech Very Happy
So Saturday arrived and it was time to head home:

FR5896
RAK-EIN
09:05-14:05
EI-DYY
24A
€32,50 single

We arrived very early at the airport, so we checked it out. Current terminal is a bit outdated and a bit small for the number of flights leaving around our time (FR to HHN and PSA, EZY to LYS and RAM to BOD and CMN). One hour before departure a hour delay was annouced for our flight, due to snow at BGY. The plane makes a BGY-RAK-EIN-BGY routing on the way back. So time for some Christmas music to get into the mood, while looking a the sun shining at the palm trees. After the wait, we boarded our plane (EI-DYY) and departed for Eindhoven.

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Dsc00110
You need your boardingpass checked at check-in desk to get it stamped. No cue at check-in luckily

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Dsc00111
Royal Air Maroc at Marrakech-Menara

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Img_0811
People walking on the platform with EI-EFS arriving on stand from Frankfurt-Hahn. No problem in Morocco.

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Dsc00210
Boarding EI-DYY at Marrakech

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Img_0812
Ryanair looking forward to Christmas! Madam doesn't seem to like it or is just shocked to see the Ryanair's cabin colours

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Dsc00211
View on Marrakech after departure

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Dsc00212
The Atlas Mountains behind Marrakech. They looked so much closer in real life! Absolutely amazing

After departure we turned North towards Tanger, across Spanish mainland, France and Belgium before landing at runway 22 at Eindhoven.
It was a great trip and Ryanair was great again! I simply can't complain about one hour of delay with the snowy weather causing it Smile

Hope you guys enjoyed reading this!
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Empty Re: Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN

Post by atoutprix Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 20:33

Great report !
Two points :
- Mr O'Leary lets the lady alone to carry the luggage : not very gentlemanly ! Evil or Very Mad
- noticed the hostess with the Christmas cap ! Smile
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN Empty Re: Eindhoven EIN - Marrakech RAK - Eindhoven EIN

Post by Ryanairflyer Sat 22 Dec 2012 - 23:42

I think the lady passenger knows you ..... mouth wide open affraid !! shock horror !! Laughing notice 3 bags between MOL and his caddy bounce
Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 0:54

Ryanairflyer wrote:I think the lady passenger knows you ..... mouth wide open affraid !! shock horror !! Laughing notice 3 bags between MOL and his caddy bounce

Hahaha hmm.. yeah. I didn't think of that. But I was wearing my new burqa, so she couldn't possibly recognize me! Just kiddin'. And yeah MOL is a true gentleman Very Happy
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 0:57

HAha I noticed the excess luggage also!! tongue the perks eh?! Great trip report, lots of effort with the photos. Is Marrakech likely to be a base?
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by HollandRyanair Sun 23 Dec 2012 - 18:26

Looking at the departure and arrivals times for S13 to and from RAK, it must be a base Smile
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down