Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why they don't like RYR.

2 posters

Go down

Why they don't like RYR. Empty Why they don't like RYR.

Post by atoutprix Sun 17 Feb 2013 - 17:37

Ryanair being my favorite aviation subject, I often speak about it, and from time to time I happen to meet persons who definitely don't like it. What is it that they don't like about RYR ?
It can be summed up as follows :

- the many supplements, especially as regards the hold luggages. Rightly or wrongly, they feel that the final price is not lower than that of a normal carrier.
- " No pooling or sharing of baggage allowances is permitted, even within a party travelling on the same reservation" : they resent it.
- it can be difficult for your group or family to have have seats together, even if you travel with young children - unless you pay yet another supplement for reserved seats
- the unceasing harrassment to buy something : food, drinks, cigarettes, scratch cards, phone cards, bus/train tickets, perfumes, ...
And - the results of the recent defamatory press campaign :
- "they don't take enough fuel aboard, it's dangerous"
- "they pay miserable salaries and make their personal work too much"

This is what say those who don't fly with Ryanair, or fly with Ryanair only when they have no other possibiliy.
Those who often fly with Ryanair appreciate it, of course :
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/93-percent-of-ryanair-passengers-will-fly-ryanair-again

(I must say that everybody, even its worse opponents, acknowledge the impeccable punctuality record of Ryanair !)

In my view, Ryanair (and its CEO) could do something in order to improve its reputation amongst the general public. And be seen as more friendly and less unmerciful - like easyJet is, to a certain extent. And Southwest in the US.
What do you think ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Why they don't like RYR. Empty Re: Why they don't like RYR.

Post by Ryanairflyer Mon 18 Feb 2013 - 4:42

In my view...Passengers fly Ryanair because fares are cheap- pax want lower fares and the great €cent1pence,€£1pound deals should return (These offers have proved successful in the past - with Ryanair making a very nice profit - lets have some more)... Ryanair flights and service are no poorer than most other carriers, but real moaners will never stop moaning - A Moaner =1-Those that cannot be bothered to read the terms and conditions 2-expect first class service for no thrills money 3-have £shares/connections with other airlines but are making a loss 4- Are media based who fabricate stories to sell newspapers to line their own pockets ,either way Ryanair will always have it's moaners and haters... who cares as long as the majority are happy and get that deal no other carrier can offer.. Lower fares MOL I want to be able to fly 4 flights a day again bounce cheers
I have not had any problems but alot have reported problems with Customer service - so maybe one area for improvement

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum