Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ?

3 posters

Go down

Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ? Empty Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ?

Post by atoutprix Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 17:12

The European Commission has just decided not to allow Ryanair to buy Aer Lingus.
Is it a good thing or a bad thing for Ryanair ? and for the Ryanair customers ?
If they have tried so hard to buy Aer Lingus, I presume it's because Michael O'Leary and the Board had found it advantageous for the company.
It took a good part of their time and a lot of thinking and managing of the proposed merger. Perhaps to the detriment of the daily running of Ryanair self ?
What would have been the result if Ryanair had had the EC nihil obstat ? A complete merger of the two airlines ? A partial one ? And on what scale ? And what would have been the outcome for the customers ?
Now, they will lodge an appeal against the EC ruling, it will take quite a long time before having the last word of the story ...
In the meantime, it's to be hoped that Michael and C° will focus again on the existing RYR !
Your opinion ?
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ? Empty Re: Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ?

Post by danieln Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 18:00

For me personally, I was hoping that if the aquisition of Aer Lingus would have been succesful, Ryanair would have their first transatlantic routes. For the time being, we will have to stick to Europe and North-Africa...
danieln
danieln
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 171
Registration date : 2008-11-07

Back to top Go down

Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ? Empty Re: Aer Lingus not for Ryanair : good or bad ?

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 27 Feb 2013 - 20:06

Silently in the background i also think nationals believe this could be the demise of their national carrier, unfortunately business can seem very unfair by nature but change is sometimes required and change can also be for the better.
This will continue late into the year but personally and if i was a local i would prefer my national carrier consider a local and successful company rather than any other.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum