Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cancelled EMA flights

5 posters

Go down

Cancelled EMA flights Empty Cancelled EMA flights

Post by jandp Wed 9 Oct 2013 - 20:57

I have a flight booked for the 15th November, East Midlands to Dinard.

A rumour is circulating that Ryanair has cancelled all EMA flights to Dinard from 5th November onwards, when looking on the website NO flights after this date are shown.

I have been unable to contact Ryanair by phone and my email's remains unanswered.

Does anybody have any info re this situation please.
jandp
jandp
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2013-10-09

Back to top Go down

Cancelled EMA flights Empty Re: Cancelled EMA flights

Post by AnnieD Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 9:55

I don't have any information other than that I did manage to get hold of them about a week ago, when they changed my Sunday 15/12 return flight from 17h (ish) to 12h(ish) since then I too have noticed that no flights are showing, but have heard nothing from them.

AnnieD
AnnieD
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2013-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by bretonbabe Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 16:24

Definately cancelled.Seems some people have slipped through the net and not been informed.Friends of ours have relations coming on the 1st November returning on the 8th so they can't get back.
They have booked a ferry back ,but it's very inconvenient.
I just hope that they recommence in March as promised or I shall take back the praise I have given them on the Daily Mail web-site following one of their many hate articles about Ryanair
bretonbabe
bretonbabe
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by jandp Thu 10 Oct 2013 - 18:50

Just received email.

"Dear Customer

Confirmation Number ******

Ryanair regrets that following an operational review, the below flights will cease operation from the 06/11/13 – 29/03/14. Please advise any other passengers who may be travelling in your party.

Following this route cancellation customers have 2 options:"
jandp
jandp
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AnnieD Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 7:36

Yes, I got that too Sad
AnnieD
AnnieD
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZed Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 11:49

What an awful way to treat people, especially those who live in the North of the UK and rely on this route to keep in touch with family.
Many people had already booked flights on this route to see family and friends at Xmas. Some, many months ago. Only to have this cynical, contemptuous company, cancel the flights and scupper their plans.
What a truly awful thing to do.
Ryanair have always been 100% profit driven and despite the vacuos spoutings of their Chairman to the contrary, they have absolutely no loyalty towards their customer base whatsoever.
DrZed
DrZed
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 4

Back to top Go down

Post by jandp Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 11:58

It's not just the flights that are affected, car hire, hotels, connecting flights etc.

Please Easyjet or Flybe move into Dinard, Rennes or Nantes from EMA, maybe higher price but I for one would be willing to pay it.
jandp
jandp
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZed Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 12:20

jandp

That is my exact point. Ryanair have thrown this particular pebble into the pond but do not care about the ripples.
It is of no concern or worry to them whatsoever.
They`ll just reinstate this route as and when it pleases them, knowing that we will come flocking back in droves.

The Lds/Bfd route was always acknowledged to be seasonal, no problem there.
But for years, the East Mids route has been twice a week 52 weeks a year. To have announced that, at some point in the future it would be changing to a seasonal route would have been one thing.

But to let people book flights, make plans etc, only to pull the route as and when it suits, is appalling.
DrZed
DrZed
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 13:46

bretonbabe wrote:
Friends of ours have relations coming on the 1st November returning on the 8th so they can't get back.
They have booked a ferry back ,but it's very inconvenient.
There are flights from Dinard to Stansted on monday, wednesday (from 20 november) and friday, through the winter season.
On 8th november, there is a flight Dinard 14.50-Stansted 15.00 - more convenient that a ferry, I think.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bretonbabe Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 14:00

I think not if you live in Derbyshire.Imagine the cost from Stansted to up North.That's right Ryanair people do live up there.
The ferry will be very useful to do all their Christmas Shopping and ours too.
I get so annoyed how I have praised Ryanair on the Daily Mail web-site and now they have behaved absolutely diabolical.
The people who are coming over rang up at the week-end to check the flights ,as they hadn't been informed and was told "no problem,the flights are still on" When she questioned this the lady checked and apologised.She knew nothing about it.
I thought French Customer Services were bad,but this beats them.
Come on Mr O'Leary and get your act in ordser
bretonbabe
bretonbabe
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by DrZed Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 17:03

Stanstead is nearly 200 mile each way for me. Portsmouth is only another 20. Every year Brittany Ferries have a deal of 2 people and a car for around £99 for a 5 night visit.
By the time I`ve paid for flights, fuel and the thick end of £70 to park for a week, Stanstead is an absolute no-brainer.
Plus I can fill my car with stuff to take over and things to bring back.

I used to be a great advocate of Ryanair and have, in the past, defended them to the hilt.
NOT anymore.
DrZed
DrZed
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 18:13

It can happen to every airline to cancel a route because of a lack of bookings. It would be hard to find an airline that has never done so.
There are even airlines which cancel flights at the last minute because of a strike of the flight attendants, pilots, and so on - which, knock on wood, never happened at Ryanair until now.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by bretonbabe Fri 11 Oct 2013 - 18:31

It wasn't so much cancelling the flights,just the way it was done.
The web-site was still taking bookings even though there were no flights.Other people had theirs cancelled rebooked and then cancelled again.
I have always stuck up for them,but this time they made a very bad job of customer relations.People going home for Christmas and just suddenly it was cancelled.
Nothing to do with lack of bookings.It was always very busy when I used it.I reckon they are using the planes for all the new routes they have taken on.
I have certainly changed my opinion of them.
bretonbabe
bretonbabe
FR Starter
FR Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: