Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advice on likely flight changes

2 posters

Go down

Advice on likely flight changes Empty Advice on likely flight changes

Post by MarkEFC Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 15:32

Hi, I have arranged my stag do in Milan in February, flying from Manchester to Milan/Bergamo. By chance I stumbled on the fact that Ryanair have changed the flight times (without emailing me!), meaning we now arrive 6.5 hours later than we would have on the Saturday night.

As it's a big change, I can get a refund. Another possible route for us is to fly from Manchester to Brussels/Charleroi at 0735 arriving at 1000, then fly from Brussels/Charleroi to Milan at 1330, arriving at 1505. This gets us to Milan over 4 hours earlier than the rearranged Manchester flight (it is also currently cheaper than what we have paid for the Manchester flight, meaning our airport beer would be paid for!).

My worry, however, is what if Ryanair change the time of either of the Brussels flights? If they push the Manchester-Brussels flight back three hours, or move the Brussels-Milan flight three hours earlier, we could completely miss getting to Milan!

However, there are actually three Brussels-Milan flights that day - one at 0625, the 1330 and a later 1930 - would this make it less likely for Ryanair to switch times? Similarly there are two Manchester-Brussels flights

Does anyone have any idea how likely/unlikely it would be for these flights to be moved? I'm less worried about flight delays; Ryanair are pretty good at arriving on time and a 3.5ish hour buffer seems pretty safe - it's the chances of them completely changing the schedule which is concerning me.
MarkEFC
MarkEFC
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-11-17

Back to top Go down

Advice on likely flight changes Empty Re: Advice on likely flight changes

Post by atoutprix Sun 17 Nov 2013 - 18:56

It is very surprising that you have not been signified by e-mail about the change of schedule. In my experience, Ryanair e-mail every change of time, even a 5 or 10-minute change.
I think it is highly unlikely that Ryanair change the Charleroi-Bergamo schedules - these three flights a day run at about the same hours for many years already. Same for Manchester-Charleroi.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum