Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bristol to Porto - Is this route going to be revived?

2 posters

Go down

Bristol to Porto - Is this route going to be revived? Empty Bristol to Porto - Is this route going to be revived?

Post by Latinnus Sun 29 Dec 2013 - 19:57

Good Evening.

I remember that before, Ryanair used to have a connection between Bristol and Porto, but it was closed around 2010.

I was wondering if it was even taken into consideration to re-instate it in the near future.

Nowadays there are several Portuguese People from the north of Portugal living in the Bristol area. Having a direct flight there would be mostly useful, not only for the people that immigrated to the UK but also for friends and family that would like to visit them.

Furthermore, most companies all over the uk either fly to Faro or Lisbon. The only way to find a direct flight to the UK would be from London. This would allow Ryanair to reach a potential growing market, given the increasing number of Portuguese people from the Northern region of Portugal living in the UK's South-West.

As a final note, Bristol and Porto are also considered as twin cities and as such, this route would also have a cultural and historical background that could be supported with tourism.

Best Regards
Latinnus
Latinnus
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2013-12-29

Back to top Go down

Bristol to Porto - Is this route going to be revived? Empty Re: Bristol to Porto - Is this route going to be revived?

Post by Ryanairflyer Wed 1 Jan 2014 - 23:13

Hi, I understand your point ... If any airline can hold/obtain a certain route then I'm sure Ryanair would be the airline to fill that space... unfortunately time will tell.

Ryanairflyer
Ryanairflyer
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 1263
Registration date : 2009-06-13

Back to top Go down