Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe

Go down

Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe Empty Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe

Post by bukhari917 Mon 17 Feb 2014 - 6:25

Hello and Good Morning everyone!

And before you start, Excuse me for the loooong details, I just wanted to put my case clearly and understandable.

This is Kamal from Turin, Italy. I am a non-EU citizen, currently having a residence permit for stay in Italy. Next month I plan to fly  Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe 86406 Turin->Barcelona->Brussels->Budapest->Paris->Gothenburg->London->Turin  Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe 86406 route for tourism. I have booked all these flights between 20th March and 2nd April, 2014. Everything seems be perfectly alright until I land at London. Earlier I thought (read at UK border force website) that I can get a land-side transit visa for 48hrs stay at London so it could be a chance to see London, meet some friends there and of course make new friends. But when I started applying online for UK transit visa, the process is so awkward. They first ask my whole bio data, my family, parents, spouse, family and friends living in UK, their details, why I am coming, who will I see bla bla bla bla...most of them I didn't really like answering, its my personal choice after all. Any how I filled in the form and then they want me to sign the declaration which also contains:

"I do not intend to go sightseeing in UK or visiting my family or friends and that the purpose of this transit visa is to transfer from one Airport to another within 48 hours and stuff like that"

Now its kinda awkward. If I am in London for about 48 hours or so, and I have some friends there, don't you find it awkward that I can't go to meet them and also I can't go to see the city of London. I don't understand what do I do in these 40 hours. Keep myself locked in the hotel room?

Well..somehow disagreeing, I had to sign the declaration. Next they want me to travel all the way from Turin to Rome for an Interview (WTF No , its a transit visa!  No ), biometric data and other formalities plus 69 Euros!!. Now as there is no Ryan Air b/w Turin and Rome, I don't want to spend about 100 euros on other ways of transportation plus 69 for Visa. So I decided to quit the plan but hold on! I have booked all 7 legs of my flight by now and my transit time happens to be about 33 hours in London. UK border security website says that if I am a Visa National (Need visa for entering UK) and have residence permit for any EEA/EU country, I may be allowed an Air-side transit if my flight is within 24 hours (and I do not leave the airport). So instead of changing the last leg of the flight (which costs 35 pounds), I re-booked another flight (for 24 pounds) making my stay to 13 hours instead of 23hours earlier and expecting I would be allowed an air-side transit (Now I have two confirmed flights from London to Turin).

Now another question is, as I leave Sweden, I will be stamped by immigration for Exit and I arrive London and go on air-side transit (which i suppose, but I am not sure, should be before immigration control and hence I am not stamped and leave for Turin) and arrive Turin as an International flight and should have an entry stamp at Turin. So the situation turns out that I left EU (Sweden) and without entering any other country, I enter again in EU (Italy). Isn't it kinda strange? From EU to EU why do I have entry and Exit stamps and is it a problem for me?

So looking at the whole scenario, what you guys suggest me, I have both tickets from London to Turin, which one should I use. Do you think I would be in some trouble at Gothenburg (for not having UK visa) or at London (for not having transit visa) or at Turin (for not having exit stamp from London and having an exit stamp from Sweden). I am so f***ed up thinking the whole scenario and don't want to spend more money. Help me!!
Once again excuse me for such a long story  scratch  pale
bukhari917
bukhari917
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Back to top Go down

Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe Empty Re: Ryan Air transit in Stansted while flying to and from Europe

Post by bukhari917 Tue 18 Feb 2014 - 2:07

can someone answer this please?
bukhari917
bukhari917
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2014-02-16

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum