Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not able to fly?

3 posters

Go down

Not able to fly? Empty Not able to fly?

Post by Robertas16 Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 0:04

Hi, so I've booked tickets for 2 Persons Düsseldorf Weeze - Riga (4.5.2014) and Riga - Bremen (17.5.2014), the Problem is that we live in Germany and are Lithuanians with Lithuanian passes, the passport of my sister has been expired for about 8 months. We haven't checked in online yet, we were told by the Lithuanian Consulate, that we would get the new passport in ~6 weeks, but it seems that it is not going to happen. What to do? Would it be possible to travel with expired Lithuanian passport from Germany to Latvia? If not, what could we do? I know there are some type of emergency passes, but as we are not Germans it's only possible to get one from the Lithuanian Consulate(Germans get these easily from the 'Bundespolizei' at the airports for like 8€), what would mean we have to travel to Berlin (~600km from home) and still, we have had bad experience with that Consulate and I'm out of ideas. We could change the date, but that would cost extra 100€-200€ (buying new ticket would be cheaper)and we still can't be sure that the new pass will arrive on time..

Any ideas?  Crying or Very sad 
Robertas16
Robertas16
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2014-04-22

Back to top Go down

Not able to fly? Empty Re: Not able to fly?

Post by HollandRyanair Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 9:18

She will definitely not be able to travel with an expired passport. I don't really have any suggestions apart from the ones you already mentioned. Here in the Netherlands we have the option to take express delivery of a new passport. You have to pay extra, but you have your new one in a matter of days instead of weeks. Don't know if that's an option. All I can say is that travelling with an expired passport will not work.

Best of luck.
HollandRyanair
HollandRyanair
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 241
Registration date : 2011-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by atoutprix Wed 23 Apr 2014 - 17:57

The trip is between Germany and Latvia. Both are in the Schengen area - thus, no official border check.
The possible bug is when doing the online check-in.
You'll see what happens when you write the details of your sister's passport and its validity date.
The people at the gate usually check only the names and nationality - but you never know ...

A valid identity card is also good for travel :

http://www.ryanair.com/lv/terms-and-conditions/regulations-traveldocumentation/

In order to ensure compliance, passengers should carry a valid passport (and visa if applicable) or EU/EEA government issued national identification card on all journeys.

http://ec.europa.eu/dgs/home-affairs/what-we-do/policies/borders-and-visas/schengen/index_en.htm

The free movement of persons is a fundamental right guaranteed by the EU to its citizens. It entitles every EU citizen to travel, work and live in any EU country without special formalities. Schengen cooperation enhances this freedom by enabling citizens to cross internal borders without being subjected to border checks.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum