Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flexible travel dates ... a query

5 posters

Go down

Flexible travel dates ... a query Empty Flexible travel dates ... a query

Post by ruinair Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 21:19

Hi there i hope someone can help me with a query on booking flights.
There is a check box that i tick to say that my 'travel dates are flexible'.
This used to display the flights for 1 week and i could see the cheapest.
But now when i check this box i only see the flights for one day.
Has this view feature to look at one week been removed recently?
If so it makes it harder to find the cheapest flights? thanks Evil or Very Mad
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Flexible travel dates ... a query Empty Re: Flexible travel dates ... a query

Post by RyanAdmin Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 21:35

Hi Ruinair,

Since the new Ryanair website is online, as you know, there are a lot of problems with the booking system. First it was basically HTML, now it's a javascript.
I still remember the 1 month lists with all the prices of the flights that I printed to study the cheapest fares Razz.

Anyway, The new booking system changed Ryanair a lot. It's very difficult to find cheap fares now, and even more difficult now because the 'flexible' function is disabeled because the system went slow. First there was a red warning saying "The flexible dates are currently not avaible becuase it slows down the website" (or something like that). I think it was 2 weeks after launching the new website.

it IS difficult to find cheap flights now. I havn't flight Ryanair for 2 months now Razz. I think you just have to click "next day" and wait 'till the page is loaded...
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by ruinair Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 22:29

thanks - i agree. it IS hard to find cheap flights on this (s)low fares airline which is ironic ... or maybe that's MO'Ls plan! if you have not flown on the airline for two entire months ..... are you having withdrawal symptoms .... (by that i mean do you miss flying on the airline and need to fly on them soon!? Sad

Last edited by ruinair on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 16:00; edited 1 time in total
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RyanAdmin Fri 1 Aug 2008 - 22:39

Yes, slow fares airline xD !

You mean Mick Razz? (sry, just copying you). Yes, the plan is to become more expensive, but slowly so the people doesn't see it.

And sry, what do you mean with withdrawal symptoms? Embarassed

I still like Ryanair, I always prefer to fly Ryanair than another airline!

Last edited by RyanAdmin on Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 13:58; edited 1 time in total
RyanAdmin
RyanAdmin
FR Admin
FR Admin

Number of posts : 362
Registration date : 2007-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 9:48

I know I'm probably in a better place than most to probably find a cheapy flight, seeing as Stansted seems to have a major amount of the routes (at the moment). However, during the recent September sale, for the 5 Tuesday's in September I'm off to Oslo (Torp), Stockholm (Nykoping), Stockholm (Vasteras) and 2 day trips to Dublin (it's only for the flights honest! Nothing to do with Guinness in any shape form or manner ha ha ha)

5 return flights has had me pay £10 to Ryanair.... I used the Entropay web-site someone suggested on here, so with the charges they charge, it has cost me £11.54. Instead of £50 if I used my normal bank Visa DEBIT card, with Ryanair's new charges.

I am currently up to flying 18 trips (36 flights) this year. Last year was my all time Ryanair record of 27 trips (54 flights) in a year. With what I currently have booked, it will take me to 25 trips (50 flights). I still have NOTHING booking during October and December, so there is scope to break my personal record.

BUT I'm not obsessed..........honest.

Last flight 2nd July, next 6th August.... IT'S BEEN SUCH A LONG BORING MONTH!
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 10:13

stevestrac wrote:However, during the recent September sale, for the 5 Tuesday's in September I'm off to Oslo (Torp), Stockholm (Nykoping), Stockholm (Vasteras) and 2 day trips to Dublin (it's only for the flights honest! Nothing to do with Guinness in any shape form or manner ha ha ha)

Do you work at all??? Razz Razz Razz

I'd love to be able to do that, but look at where I live! In bloody cost cut airport Basel Sad Not a single Ryanair flight for November/December (except Christmas). And not to forget, the rest of the winter leaves us with Stansted, Dublin and Alicante, that's all. 8 flights per week in total!

Enjoy your flights! Last time I was in Stansted I got the Dreamliner plane for my flight to Oslo Torp. It took me 129 flights on Ryanair to finally get onto that lovely aircraft.
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by stevestrac Sat 2 Aug 2008 - 10:55

Razz Razz Sadly, yes I have to work! Doing my last night shift tonight (just about to go to bed from last night) after 7 nights shifts. However, just the way my shift have fallen for september, I am working ervery Wednesday - Sunday and have Monday and Tuesday's off work.

Of ALL my flights, I have YET to fly on the Dreamliner plane, looking forward to it sometime I hope!
stevestrac
stevestrac
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 2:21

let's come back to main topic Wink
The 'my travel dates are flexible' check box came back into the site. God thanks :-)
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down