Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

no girona

4 posters

Go down

no girona Empty no girona

Post by fisherman Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 14:59

my favourite route used to be east midlands to girona but as this route has been pulled and it now goes to el prat. i suppose i will have to fly this route instead. the problem i have is when i flew ema gir last year i did it all in for £200 for 2 adults booked seating the obligatory wifes suitcase and all fees etc. best i can get this year is just over £400 for identical booking,surely a move to el prat doesnt justify such a price hike or will the prices stabilise. i understand it is supply and demand but how often do the prices move
fisherman
fisherman
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2010-10-27

Back to top Go down

no girona Empty Re: no girona

Post by Ryanair Ltd. Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:43

Ryanair invades/imposes itself in small regional airports. These airports offer them very cheap (sometimes free) and lowered airport fares and taxes.
Ryanair gets this by intervening with the tourism department, who then offer subsidies, and Ryanair deliver customers/passengers to the region and airport.
Whenever the airport decides to increase fares, Ryanair simply pulls out.

I think Ryanair should increase routes from EMA, and opening one to CRL, BRI and MAD.
Because there is indeed lots of demand from East Midlands, It's currently serving major cities around the area (Derby, Nottingham, Leicester, Chesterfield...)
Ryanair Ltd.
Ryanair Ltd.
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Wed 29 Apr 2015 - 20:56

Can you still get to Girona through say MAN? the inconvenience of the drive to man may save you this extra cost if the price is ok there? Or has Girona been completely canned?
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryanair Ltd. Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 8:48

Yes, they are currently flying to MAN on 2,4,6.
Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Though, only for the summer season. The route operates only until October 2015.
It seems expensive for August, the cheapest you can get is 33.99 for the moment in September and October.

They shut down many routes from GRO when they increased airport taxes, so they pulled out 5 aircraft.
Ryanair Ltd.
Ryanair Ltd.
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherman Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 10:16

i have looked at all options ema el prat, man gir, man el prat and not much diffence in the price. ema best for me as straight run down motorway. used to be dsa when i first went which was ideal but the route from here didnt last long. i like the smaller airports but this year i will either have to suffer manchester or barcelona but at these prices may have to have a rethink
fisherman
fisherman
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sbutty Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 18:32

Yes I've had a scan around some dates in August. Does seem a bit in the higher side this summer whichever way you look at it.
Sbutty
Sbutty
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2012-12-18

Back to top Go down

Post by fisherman Thu 30 Apr 2015 - 19:03

dont mind paying a bit extra but more than double is a bit offputting,lets hope the prices do come down as i have never had a problem flying ryanair and would prefer to fly with them as you know what you are getting, but hey-ho there is still time
fisherman
fisherman
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by sebbivism Sat 16 May 2015 - 20:04

Girona has disappeared from Swedish airports as well. Originally Girona served ALL Swedish airports Ryanair is flying to (GSE, VST, NYO, MMX, VXO etc), now it is only operated to Skellefteå airport. Stockholm Skavsta has since a couple of years back moved to El Prat, Stockholm Västerås route ended along with the rest. Gothenburg route disappeared since Ryanair was forced to move to Gothenburg Landvetter.

Personally I would definitely fly El Prat over Girona, but for people using the route with no mission to head to Barcelona, I can see if they are disappointed.
sebbivism
sebbivism
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-12-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: