Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult

2 posters

Go down

Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult Empty Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult

Post by kp278 Mon 1 Feb 2016 - 20:47

Hi, I recently booked a flight for adults and children and had two bags to check for all our stuff. When I looked at adding baggage it was £60 round trip each bag for an adult or £30 round trip each bag for a child. I assigned both bags to a child as it was cheaper. I'm convinced there must be a reason why I cannot assign both bags to a child and get it cheaper, but i haven't found anything in Ryanairs terms.

I had a webchat via Ryanairs website and they said it was a glitch with my browser (I tried three browsers and got the same results) and I must have got lucky but they would honour the price if I booked. I didn't save the conversation as proof - I half expected to receive a copy of the conversation via email. Am I likely to get stung if I try and check our two bags against a child on the day?

Thanks, Kristian
kp278
kp278
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-01-31

Back to top Go down

Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult Empty Re: Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult

Post by Ryanair Ltd. Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 17:48

Aren't you supposed to book a Child bag only once and after you have booked an adult bag? That's why its cheaper I suppose?
Since you have booked the bags for the child already, I imagine you will be fine checking them in at the airport... but, who knows!
Luck,
C.

Ryanair Ltd.
Ryanair Ltd.
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2014-11-17

Back to top Go down

Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult Empty Re: Assigning checked baggage to a child instead of an adult

Post by kp278 Tue 2 Feb 2016 - 18:03

that's what the webchat employee kind of alluded to - that it should only show reduced child baggage once an adult bag has been checked, but it didn't work that way...!
kp278
kp278
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2016-01-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum