Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems with buying flight ticket...

3 posters

Go down

Problems with buying flight ticket... Empty Problems with buying flight ticket...

Post by daleano2 Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 17:11

Hello...

I've just booked return tickets from Szczecin (SZZ) to Bristol (BRS) 11th-15th of Nov. and flights from Bristol (BRS) to Dublin (DUB) 12-13 Nov (return). I paid just 0.20 Ł for both flights for 5 persons... so it is a big deal. So if i paid so small money i decided to book an alternative flight from Szczecin (SZZ) to London Luton (LTN) 13-15 of Nov (return). and I paid even a bit less - 0.10 PLN - less than 0.02 Ł also for 5 persons. All of the taxes are free so I got it almost for free.

I told it to my other friend, and he also wants to fly with us so I decided to book another ticket from SZZ to LTN. I wrote exactly the same things like i did with the other flights, I mean, my Visa Electron card number etc. but this time when i clicked on the icon "buy now" it failed. I mean there was an information that I cannot buy this flight because of lack of my card authority, information Error on up side of page, payment refused and... I tried again... and got the same! Why i cannot book it now if i have the money on bank account and everything should be exactly the same as it was while booking other flights?

Would it be possible that it's not possible to make more reservations than one in the same flight by using the same card (Visa Electron)? Or maybe because of that I've booked 3 flights in which one of them i cant fly because it covers the date of the other flights? I did it because I just want to have possibility to choose where to fly... if it was so cheap.. why not?

Look forward to hearing from you soon,

Daleano2
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 51
Location : Koszalin, Poland (nearest FR airport - SZZ - Szczecin)
Registration date : 2008-10-09

Back to top Go down

Problems with buying flight ticket... Empty Re: Problems with buying flight ticket...

Post by mdgarf Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 18:24

Same thing happened to me and the site crashed. Card I normally use did not work.
Ryanair web site is strange and payment service(it is not ryanair) is terrible.
Be careful limit your card, because once you commit there is no way back.
mdgarf
mdgarf
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Problems with buying flight ticket... Empty Re: Problems with buying flight ticket...

Post by daleano2 Thu 9 Oct 2008 - 18:55

Ok, thanks for cheking it. I limited my card to maximum 3 transaction per day, 5 per year and money limit is about 2,5 Ł daily so they surely will not take a lot of my money if so... but it is really strange and very not professional, that so big company has damn payment service... even if you saying that payment service is not ryanair, whatever it means, anyway, I'll be careful while making reservations. I've been using ryanair the most so... it is a big problem for me... anyway, hope that they will not increase price until tommorow and everything will be ok to reserve it tommorow...
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 9:56

Unfortunately... it's the end of free taxes... I'm very angry that even if i have my visa electron and account ready to do booking, ryanair has problems with booking system, that's sick thing.... maybe they did it to decrease amount of bookings... ohh, i'm suer now... anyway i gonna fly to London with smaller group of friends Sad
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mdgarf Fri 10 Oct 2008 - 10:19

tel that to me! ryanair problematic booking costed me nearly 300EUR for 2 tickets I do not need and have no use for them. And what is more interesting there is no ryanair or unofficial solution how to deal wit this.
mdgarf
mdgarf
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 13:19

wow, that's really strange. anyway I have another question, hope that somebody will know the answer...

If I've booked flight for 5 persons, is that mean all of the 5 persons on the same code must fly? If one or two of them will not fly becouse of something eg. illness but the code is the same for all of the passengers, will it mean that no one can fly or for example 3 persons out of 5 can normally fly?
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by mdgarf Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 15:14

go to ryanair web site login and look around there are FAQ which will explain that you can change a lot but cancel and gives you fees for every change. change of name will cost you 100EUR Surprised)
mdgarf
mdgarf
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 15:54

Hi Daleano

It is no problem if only three of you fly. The other two tickets will just stay unused and there will be no extra costs because of that. So just go ahead and have a nice holiday! Wink
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by mdgarf Sat 11 Oct 2008 - 19:03

I do not get it.
No refund, so you will not get the money back (not even part of it). And why exactly I should pay extra for not using the tickets I bought?
With raynair it is simple: If you do not use tickets you wasted money. If you change(date, name...) you pay extra.

If you know other way than tell me, because I am desperate, just wasted 300EUR and only chance is to change date 3month forward for 2x35EUR and hope I will by able to use the tickets.
mdgarf
mdgarf
FR Rookie
FR Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 Sun 12 Oct 2008 - 22:29

King of Ryanland wrote:Hi Daleano

It is no problem if only three of you fly. The other two tickets will just stay unused and there will be no extra costs because of that. So just go ahead and have a nice holiday! Wink

Ok, thanks. But we'll take only hand luggage so we have to make online check in... will it not be a barrier? I mean that should I do online check in for all of the passangers and what kind of information should I provide to make online check in? Maybe it isn't kind of good question, but i just want to be sure about that.
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by King of Ryanland Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 16:23

That will not be a barrier at all. You can just decide who to check in online, and the other two that are not flying you just don't check in. It's as simple as that! No one will ever say a word about that at Ryanair. Smile
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by daleano2 Mon 13 Oct 2008 - 17:23

hehe, ok big thanks Very Happy
daleano2
daleano2
FR Fan
FR Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum