Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reliability of bookings

3 posters

Go down

Reliability of bookings Empty Reliability of bookings

Post by skdjfhbsd Sat 13 Dec 2008 - 17:22

It's now December, the weather in Europe is cold, and the days are short, and FR have released seats for S09
I'd like to make bookings for S09, but am wary as to the reliability as to the flight times listed in the booking system

Yes, if FR cancel the flight or change the time by several hours, I can get my money back. My concern is that with recent route cancellations from VLC, FUE and yesterday BUD, I'm not sure that FR actually know themselves where they will be flying in S09 and at what times !

I really don't want to make plans now - and find that in 2 weeks time MOL decides to change the flights and ruin my plans !

Anyone know when the flights listed in the booking system can be considered stable such that one can make plans based on given flight times ?
skdjfhbsd
skdjfhbsd
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Reliability of bookings Empty Re: Reliability of bookings

Post by King of Ryanland Sat 13 Dec 2008 - 20:08

Well I would also be wary about September 09 considering the summer schedule hasn't even been completely set up. Which route and day are you specifically talking about, because some long established routes have fixed times that havn't changed for years. If you give me that information I would gladly help you further with a reliable answer!
King of Ryanland
King of Ryanland
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 170
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by skdjfhbsd Sat 13 Dec 2008 - 21:14

King - I don't actually know yet which routes I want to fly. I live near STN, and take the approach of seeing which destinations are cheap on the days I want to fly. If I haven't been to a particular city for many years (or I fancy visiting again !), the weather is likely to be OK and the fare is low, then I'll book.
skdjfhbsd
skdjfhbsd
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by amnesia Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 2:31

If you’re looking for cheapest option, the best one in my
opinion is to book a flight at least two months before departure date. Then
most of cheap promotions arriving, but not always Wink