Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense?

3 posters

Go down

Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense? Empty Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense?

Post by ruinair Tue 23 Dec 2008 - 12:50

Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense? Article-1100582-02E0CF8A000005DC-784_468x219_popup
ruinair
ruinair
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 334
Registration date : 2008-01-14

Back to top Go down

Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense? Empty Re: Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense?

Post by Globemaster Tue 23 Dec 2008 - 16:20

I would say that most people on this website will know about Ryanair's on board prices for food and drink, but thanks for letting us know about the other four airlines. I'll certainly be buying any food from my local supermarket before flying with them ! Showing comparisons of liquid prices is stupid - are we all going to take 100ml of wine, coffee. water etc through security ??? - I doubt it ! Buy these liquids after passing security and for sure you will pay more than Supermarket prices !!!
Globemaster
Globemaster
FR Fan
FR Fan

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2008-11-15

Back to top Go down

Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense? Empty Re: Buy Before you Fly? ... seems to make sense?

Post by atoutprix Tue 23 Dec 2008 - 17:20

The price of drinks and food, even in the airport but airside, is always very high.
Last time I bought a small bottle of water at Brussels, I remember thinking that for the same price I would have got a pack of 6 at any "Carrefour" or other large store.
Aboard an aircraft, it's different. It takes more handling to get the drinks aboard, they are carried and they are served to the consumer like in a pub or a restaurant.
Ryanair does rely heavily on "auxiliary (or is it "ancillary" ?) sales" to make a profit. If the RYR tickets are so cheap, it's because the auxiliary sales are very profitable.
I want Ryanair to remain profitable. Not that I am a shareholder nor an employee of them, but because I enjoy travelling by air very cheaply and wish to go on doing so.
Thus, and especially when I have got a very cheap ticket, I let them make some profit on me : by buying either a priority boarding, a drink, a scratch card or something else ...

That said, one can always carry an empty plastic bottle through the security control, and fill it after the control.
atoutprix
atoutprix
FR Moderator
FR Moderator

Number of posts : 2351
Registration date : 2007-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum