Ryanair Fanclub Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin

3 posters

Go down

my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin Empty my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin

Post by tij511 Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 20:49

we had flown into dublin on the 10th january 2009 fine no problems.
on the return flight 11th january 2009 we had very strong winds and whilst we were boarding a stupid man ask the steward why there were no stairs at the back door , and the steward replies because the wind is too strong . and so the passenger sat down and started to tell the girl next to him that "his friend was a pilot and that the wind wasn't that strong and that it was just pathetic .
any way they closed the door and did the safety with a new girl she was very excited and nervous.
as we approached the runway we stopped and waited for ages, even the steward got out of his seat to go and check,after about half an hour later we got a call from the captain saying that the wind was too strong and that we would have to wait until the wind died down abit (this sentence justifies the stewards comment in the other paragraph) after another ten minutes we turned around and went to a differrent runway. during takeoff the plane was shaking quite badly it didn't bother me but my mum was pooing her self.
the aircraft became airbourne and the plane kept on shaking, after about 15 minutes the captain tells us that were on approach into manchester the flight has gone so fast .
any way we arrived safely

this was probably boaring but its what i've got sorry Very Happy
tij511
tij511
tij511
FR Starter
FR Starter

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-10-13

Back to top Go down

my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin Empty Re: my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin

Post by don_salvatore87 Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 22:10

I found this METAR code (Aviation Routine Weather Report) and on 11th January at 22PM the wind was 210 degrees and 26 knots gusting up to 42 knots which is indeed very strong! The atmosphere pressure was 999millibar which somehow indicates that there was a low pressure in the aera which explains the heavy winds.

EIDW 112200Z 21026G42KT 9999 FEW016 SCT040 BKN100 12/10 Q0999 NOSIG
don_salvatore87
don_salvatore87
FR SuperFan
FR SuperFan

Number of posts : 144
Location : Gothenburg, Sweden, closest airport: Gothenburg City Airport
Registration date : 2008-04-16

Back to top Go down

my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin Empty Re: my christmas present : Windy wait at dublin

Post by amnesia Mon 12 Jan 2009 - 22:48

I remember I used to work in DUB airport, and there was few
of those days in winter. Really strong wind came and one day it cancelled all
flights in Dublin, and half of north Britain. I will
never forget those, I don’t know, like a 8000 ppl on the terminal building. There
was 5 FR kiosks which was selling/rebooking tickets, and queue to them was
unbelievable long – from kiosks to one corner of terminal, to the another one
and back two more times. As few passengers said, there was waiting even up to 6
hours to rebook their tickets there! At 11 pm. we’ve had nothing to sell and
when I was coming back my home, I saw about 2000 ppl sleeping all over the
airport. Very sad view and I was really sorry for those people situation. That’s
Ireland
Wink
amnesia
amnesia
FR Lover
FR Lover

Number of posts : 441
Registration date : 2009-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum